The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Pro User Settings Folder
Old 26th April 2012
Gear interested

Logic Pro User Settings Folder

Hi Guys,

Before Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Logic saved all user settings in various sub-folders of the user folder ~/library/application support/logic by default. Indeed, a set of empty folders for that purpose were created by the installer. Now that the ~/library folder is hidden should I move them to ~/Documents?

Does anyone know whether when Logic is purchased from the App Store the Logic installer still creates these folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Logic, or whether it creates them somewhere else?
Old 26th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTable View Post
Hi Guys,

Before Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Logic saved all user settings in various sub-folders of the user folder ~/library/application support/logic by default. Indeed, a set of empty folders for that purpose were created by the installer. Now that the ~/library folder is hidden should I move them to ~/Documents?

Does anyone know whether when Logic is purchased from the App Store the Logic installer still creates these folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Logic, or whether it creates them somewhere else?
I'm looking here at a system where I installed Logic from the App store and the ~/Library/Application Support/Logic has the folder structure in place. You could always open up hidden libraries via the Finder Go To Folder... and defining the path such as ~/Library/Application Support/Logic.
Old 26th April 2012
Gear interested

If you open a finder window, click Go at the top, and hold down the Option key, ~Library will pop up. Hope this helps.
Old 26th April 2012
Gear maniac

Open Terminal (in /Applications/Utilities). Type this command exactly:
Quote:
chflags nohidden ~/Library
This will unhide your User Library folder in Finder.
Old 26th April 2012
Gear interested

Thanks, I've unhidden it.

I am a bit surprised that the Apple are supplying an App Store installer that is creating user settings folders in a folder that is hidden to the user in a standard Mac OS X 10.7 installation!
Old 27th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTable View Post
Thanks, I've unhidden it.

I am a bit surprised that the Apple are supplying an App Store installer that is creating user settings folders in a folder that is hidden to the user in a standard Mac OS X 10.7 installation!
Not much that Apple does from here on in is going to surprise me I fear

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search