The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nerd reqiured! Microsoft installer on XP embedded?
Old 27th May 2006

Nerd reqiured! Microsoft installer on XP embedded?

Hi

I want to know how I can get micrsoft installer installed on a machine running XPe.

The machine is a "digital X bus", and Pace interlok drivers now come in "msi" format (hidden inside an exe file) which XPe doesn't recognize

Also some other plugs like those from Sonalksis can't be installed as they come in "msi" format.

the Digital X bus is a mixer that runs on Windows XPe and runs vst plugs. It only can install via EXE or drag and drop. It does not recognize "MSI" files as a known file type and downs't know what to do with them.

I have tried a number of work arounds that I won't get into here.

Anyone suffeiciently nerdy to understand what I'm on about and how to resolve my issue would be HUUUGELY appreciated

thanks
narco

ps. yes I have googled..

pps. The microsoft installer installers on microsoft website do not run on XPe.
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Addict

Try this thread

Do you have "Windows Installer Service" running?

Rail
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

Interesting technique for asking for help. You're a better man than I, Rail.
Old 28th May 2006

Thankyou Rail

I don't have microsoft installer (which I think is the same as windows installer?) even on my machine, and I don't know how to get it on there as there seems to be no version that will install on XPe that I can find.

I am downloading a demo of some software that converts msi's to exe's that seems worth a shot.

Sorry if you are insulted by my post Jan, that wasn't my intent, I have a double major degree in theoretical computing, and digital coding theory, I consider myself a nerd and am proud of it. I just don't have expertise in this area.

I will post the question on a more targeted (more nerdy!) newsgroup

thanks
narco

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search