The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Importing CD Tracks in DP 4.6
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Nut

Importing CD Tracks in DP 4.6

I am having trouble adding an imported CD track into my project after importing it. I can see it there but I can't drag it to a track in my project.
For instance, I do a 2 track live take of a bands set then I want to import that CD into DP to master it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Are you dragging the audio to a stereo track?

DP has no means of placing stereo files onto 2 mono tracks like PT does.
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Nut

Yes, I am. If you look at the soundbites window you can see the file and the column called "MVE" or "MUE" where the stereo or mono or midi is indicated shows a stereo audio track but there is a "Red X" through it. When I drag it you can see it appear in the sequence but the waveform is grayed out and not dark blue like when I record a track directly into DP.

Thanks for the response.
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

you probably have to convert it to the project format which is SDII. also if the bit and sample rates are different you will have to convert those too. right now it is probably aiff or wav. DP can do this automatically if you set it up to. by default i thnik it doesn't. check the SB miini menu "automatic conversion settings".
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

It could be like Sasha said, it could also be your hardware is set to another sample rate as the files in the soundbites window.
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Nut

BINGO! Thank you gentlemen, it was the samplerate in the project set to 48k and the imported cd audio at 44.1k.

Thanks Guys!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search