The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ua neve 1073 eq is here! Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 1st June 2006
Gear Nut

for windows
http://my.uaudio.com/systems/uad1_do...1-Win-v430.exe

for mac try to replace the letters"win"
Old 1st June 2006
A33
Gear Addict

osx links here !

you need to log into my.uaudio.com for pc and mac downloads.

For AU:

http://my.uaudio.com/systems/uad1_do...SX-AU-v430.zip

For VST:

http://my.uaudio.com/systems/uad1_downloads.php?p=vstx&m=http&d=UAD1-OSX-VST-v430.zip

Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus
you should do a blind listening test and ged rid of all subjectivity. I seriously doubt the RTAS and vst versions sound different. Of course the sound of sequencers is subjective as well, as a lot of people would say Nuendo "sounds" better than Protools but in theory they should all sound the same since it's all just math and you have the same pan laws.. If they called it ProNuendo would that sound better?
Thanks for the reply.
LOL; don't get me wrong; I'm no fan of Digidesign (the company) but I am a fan of their Pro Tools LE DAW.

The RTAS version has one extra eq (EQH-2) which is so very simple to use and sounds incredible! This is the one that I find sounds alot better than the UAD's offerings.

I no longer have pro tools, it's all nuendo now.

Quick question; is there a difference in how many instances of a plugin can be run between the regular Uad pci card and pci-e card?
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

There is no Rtas version available of the Uad pultec as far as I know. I think you are talking about the bomb factory version which is REALLY different sounding.
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos
There is no Rtas version available of the Uad pultec as far as I know. I think you are talking about the bomb factory version which is REALLY different sounding.
Wow; so sorry; you are abolutley correct; i just re-read my posts, I may have caused some confusion. It is the bomb factory pultec bundle that I was talking about for Pro Tools LE and TDM. And IMO, it sounds incredible.

PS, the PCI-E card, can it handle more instances of the plugs than the regular PCI card?
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Just tried them. Wow. I'm impressed. I hate the thought of spending more money on software.... but I'm seriously tempted with these.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Yep, these sound REALLY good. Kills, absolutely kills the Urs version. But $249 for 4 instances? I don't know.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

I download the demo and they DO sound pretty darn good for plugs. Someone had mention $249 for 4 instances... I have two cards, so 8 instances, and I'm still unsure. I'd have to buy another frickin card. But then as soon as I do that they'll come out with the UAD 2 and I'll be stuck with 3 useless cards. Story of the gearslutz life.
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos
Yep, these sound REALLY good. Kills, absolutely kills the Urs version. But $249 for 4 instances? I don't know.
Well...the SE version beats the URS as well (only by lesser margin) and you can have MANY more instances of that....
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Urs has no 1073 emulations.
Old 2nd June 2006
A33
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtheone
Thanks for the reply.
LOL; don't get me wrong; I'm no fan of Digidesign (the company) but I am a fan of their Pro Tools LE DAW.

The RTAS version has one extra eq (EQH-2) which is so very simple to use and sounds incredible! This is the one that I find sounds alot better than the UAD's offerings.
Did you try pultec Pro on the uad?

And yeah the new 1073 sounds great!!
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by A33
Did you try pultec Pro on the uad?

And yeah the new 1073 sounds great!!
BF Pultec isnt bad, but I cant imagine anyone thining it sounds better than the UAD emu...

but I guess its all subjective....
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbeats
BF Pultec isnt bad, but I cant imagine anyone thining it sounds better than the UAD emu...

but I guess its all subjective....

Again the eqh-2 sounds incredible; trust me, and yes I did try the pultec pro; it's the same exact two plugs that the BF pultec has (meq5 and eqp-1a) the eqh-2 is the third one that I absolutley miss.

I'm going to DL and play with the NEVE today.
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump Music
I download the demo and they DO sound pretty darn good for plugs. Someone had mention $249 for 4 instances... I have two cards, so 8 instances, and I'm still unsure. I'd have to buy another frickin card. But then as soon as I do that they'll come out with the UAD 2 and I'll be stuck with 3 useless cards. Story of the gearslutz life.
I think that if you buy another card, you'll get a $100 discount voucher to use at the ua webshop, so you can get the Neve for $149 (with some twisted logic)
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant
I think that if you buy another card, you'll get a $100 discount voucher to use at the ua webshop, so you can get the Neve for $149 (with some twisted logic)

really? I know they used to do that but I just bought a third one myself and have seen nothing about a voucher. Any links?
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Take a look at UA's promotion on the home page (left menu).

off-topic: can we have smaller personal pictures as signature? ;-)
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Wow. This EQ was just what I needed to smooth out some crispy POD tracked guitars. Works great on Stereo Buss as well.

Now I have 14 days to complete this mix I strapped it onto.... heh

Actually the pound vs the dollar is pretty good at the moment, £150ish for a Neve plug is damn good.

Cheers,
Rich
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xist
Yeah man, my girlfriend is giving me funny looks
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Addict

played with it for half an hour.. so far I'm impressed. it def has something the urs doesnt. might be the best plug-in eq ive heard
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this.
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Maniac

Been A/B'n it for two days.

The thing freekin' smokes on acoustic guitar...it's like your in the room. Highs arn't harsh, great on the drum buss, bass.

Still prefer the Pultec on my vox though.

It's sweet as honey... that warm Neve MOJO!
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Addict

Argh. I guess I'll have to demo it.

I wasn't planning to, because I generally have my 2 cards maxed out with 1176, pultec, cambridge and plate instances, but it sounds like I need to give it a shot.
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Urs has no 1073 emulations.
correct
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

in Nuendo, does it work with FREEZE? Will it free up the card resources?
Old 2nd June 2006
theother
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtheone
Wow; so sorry; you are abolutley correct; i just re-read my posts, I may have caused some confusion. It is the bomb factory pultec bundle that I was talking about for Pro Tools LE and TDM. And IMO, it sounds incredible.

PS, the PCI-E card, can it handle more instances of the plugs than the regular PCI card?

Is it only me who's getting annoyed seeing your picture 10 times when scrolling through this thread?
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

RESPEC
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

1084, 1073, yadda yadda.

Even the se version is super nice, and thats not too intensive.
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Addict

I had pretty much sworn off any more software but a couple hours into the demos I have already broken down and bought this. They are really outstanding IMO and the SE version does not give away all that much if you have to run a lot of them.........most of my favorite plug-ins are on my UAD cards and this lengthens the list.

A really nice job on this one UA!

Stephen
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump Music
But then as soon as I do that they'll come out with the UAD 2 and I'll be stuck with 3 useless cards. Story of the gearslutz life.
Ain' that a bitch..
Don't let it bother you my friend, I'll be interested in buying one around that time..local call
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Right i downloaded the update SW and started up a very recent project that im working on.

Im not much of a hardware freak, i normally mix ITB with very little outboard. i have some DBX comps, TL Audio stuff, Focusrite Pre...nothing estoric.

I have to say the UAD Neve EQ is nothing short of amazing. I used it on some drum tracks and damn...it sounded fine.

The eq has that nice 200hz bump for adding kick drum body and punch. The high end is very crisp and likes to go on forever. I really liked the mids on this one, it has that nice snap to it and broadens the clarity of the programme material.

UA did it again

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search