The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
URS plugs, which ones on which sources?
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

URS plugs, which ones on which sources?

So I just got the demos of all their plugins and was throwing them on a mix to compare with the digi III eq and comp...wow. sounds thick and juicy

As I was trying to toss on the api, ssl, and neve eq and comps on sources i was curious which versions of their eqs and comps you liked best for which sources, like Kick, snare, bass, elec guitar, and vocals?
Old 23rd May 2006
I like fulltec on snare, api A 10 on kick and A series on overheads.
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

If you have the demos...Isn't it up to you what you like? Or do you only buy what people tell you to buy?
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you have the demos...Isn't it up to you what you like? Or do you only buy what people tell you to buy?
Hey thanks for your wisdom! no really, thats a great idea. i've downloaded some demos so i should throw them on everything and figure it all out!

But seriously. I'm going to be trying them out across a few projects that I have to have done this week but was just looking for a little guidance from those that have used these for a while or the real thing. I've worked on SSL 4K G+ and a Neve VX series but no api and not the type of neve these are modelled after and being I only get 2 to3 hours of sleep every other day, I don't have a lot of time to just mess around at the moment and was looking at what each person prefers for what incase i have to decide between the api or neve bundle.

Any other guys? I'l check back later after doing some more listening tests right now
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

S-series for kik. Neve on guitars. Fulltec for vocals.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

I can't say...They all work for all things...But I'm not hearing your things.

I mean...I like the S on drums but I get awesome sounds with the N series on drums as well...For the type of music I do...N works great on GTR..But If I'm doing some mondern band. And they want more of the SSL type EQ on gtr I use the S until Duende is out.

When I'm mixing my own tracking...Not some other studio. I don't need like the Fultec on vocals...Because I pretty much nailed what I want tracking. So lots of times the simple N series or A works on the vocal...Or I my use a UAD to sweeten it a little. Because I use the LTD-1 for eq during vocals allot.

So it sort is up to what you like and do...But you got the starting point...play with N,A and S...The rest are cool too. But you'll use those the most.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search