The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Brinign session to high end studio ?
Old 22nd May 2006
Here for the gear

Brinign session to high end studio ?

I am using sonar 3. i need to know how i would go about bringing what i have already individually tracked to the studio so i wouldnt have to retrack every song again (eight songs). I will be bringing it to a pro tools equipped studio. Has anyone done this ? what would be my options?
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear
what file formats can Sonar export to?

the WORST that could happen is you bring your rig and transfer there to PT
Old 22nd May 2006
Here for the gear

tryin to avoid tracking again money reasons

sonar can export omf files and i knoe pro tools can read them but i asked an engineer about transfering that way and he told me it might work he wasnt a hundred percent sure maybe no one has done that in that studio. i might take a shot at it can hurt except only the pocket. i was lookin to see if there was another way
Thanks For the response
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Consolidate(or whatever Sonar calls it) all your files as Waves or Broadcast waves...where they all start at the beginning of the tune. Then just import them into Pro tools I guess. Works like a charm. Not sure I explained that too well but I know what I meant!
Old 22nd May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by amost
Consolidate(or whatever Sonar calls it) all your files as Waves or Broadcast waves...where they all start at the beginning of the tune. Then just import them into Pro tools I guess. Works like a charm. Not sure I explained that too well but I know what I meant!
That's what I would do... I've also received files this way with no problems.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear
one thing more I would suggest is to put a small, sharp transient, sound at the very front of EVERY track.
Just record it on all tracks at once.

that way, if there IS a time stamp issue later, you can align those peaks in protools and have the audio back in sync on all tracks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search