The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roger Nichols buys ELEMENTAL AUDIO SYSTEMS!
Old 26th May 2006
Quote:
Meanwhile, folks should just get over it, IMHO.
ok.. big Bob has spoken.. I will unstick the thread and see if it will be a comedy or a tragedy.
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymatics
Looks like he already cut the prices back to $249 a pop.

http://www.rogernicholsdigital.com/products/

If the torch & pitchfork mob keeps this up, we'll be back to the original Elemental prices in no time!
Looks like he bumped them back up to $349!!!!
Old 26th May 2006
THAT SUCKS!!

we should get over it
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola
THAT SUCKS!!

we should get over it

Oh, IM OVER IT!!!!! heh
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

He put the prices back up?? WTF is going on. Very strange in deed. I'm sorry but I won't even upgrade if they don't change the names. I can see it now: "Oh, that's the new Analizer I got from Roger" Oh yeh, that'll go over well
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocalvoodoo
Looks like he bumped them back up to $349!!!!
Evil Greedy Bastard™

Wasn't the max bundle $350?

Maybe Darwinist Capitalism can put an end to this Evil Greedy Bastard™, like it manages to do with all the other Evil Greedy Bastard™(s).
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPl
"Oh, that's the new Analizer I got from Roger"
Isn't it an "analizer"?
Like, "it is goin down in the anals of time"?
IOW, making things perfect?
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

That $349 price was probably a cached page you were looking at. If you go to the Roger Nichols site you'll see the prices are still at $249. Maybe you'll need to do a refresh, or maybe not all the pages got changed to the "lower" pricing.
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

here's the latest for anyone who still cares.

new elemental audio FAQ

http://www.elementalaudio.com/RND_FAQ.html
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert
That $349 price was probably a cached page you were looking at. If you go to the Roger Nichols site you'll see the prices are still at $249. Maybe you'll need to do a refresh, or maybe not all the pages got changed to the "lower" pricing.
Yeah, thought I refreshed but maybe not, seeing the new prices now though.
Hope they'll have a bundle deal at some point.
daniel
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

easy guys , easy.

After all, are these plug ins any good ?
Old 27th May 2006
Lou Judson
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_who
here's the latest for anyone who still cares.

new elemental audio FAQ

http://www.elementalaudio.com/RND_FAQ.html
After reading this page thoroughly, I really have to wonder whay they didn't annnounce it a week ahead of time and reap a bunch of last minute purchases! I would have bought them right away if I'd known they were going to triple (or whatever) in price! Now, I will never buy them and lost my respect for both corporations - they are just greedy growth and profit fanatics to me - just like all the worst corporations that are killing our planet and people everywhere.

Gee, I sound really pissed off - guess I am. I would like to live on a different planet, please, where everyone just wants to spread love and happines, not kill people and make profits... Beam me up Scotty!

<L>
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

I agree with Andre. chill out...

And why does everybody blame Roger Nichols?

As posted earlier http://www.elementalaudio.com/RND_FAQ.html

For those who didn't read the new EA FAQ they mention they partnered with RND, it's not a buyout. So EA is to blame as well...

But .........to blame for what?!

Besides the price bump, weird names and bad GUI overhaul... and rapid change...

The only ones who should be pissed off are the current EA users and those will still recieve support from EA. so there's not much to worry about...
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

i'm not losing sleep over this, but i am bummed out that i wanted to buy a couple of these and now its just out of reach.

i guess part of what bothers me specifically (besides the new price) is the ilok thing. i want to buy the software but now would have to deal with the dongle. on EA's own faq they say the ilok does not totally prevent piracy.

but hey, they won't mind it being a burdon on paying customers. they say people ask for it but i'm sure the majority DON'T like ilok. just read all the forums to see its true.

but i am over it, i crossed these plugs off my list. no money for them

if i had a business, i would rather have more customers pay $129 than alot fewer pay $249. i think even more people will get the pirated versions now.
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_who
i guess part of what bothers me specifically (besides the new price) is the ilok thing. i want to buy the software but now would have to deal with the dongle. on EA's own faq they say the ilok does not totally prevent piracy.

but i am over it, i crossed these plugs off my list. no money for them

if i had a business, i would rather have more customers pay $129 than alot fewer pay $249. i think even more people will get the pirated versions now.
Hey I feel your pain, i was going to complain too, well, because I didn't buy 'em before the increase! Ilok can be cool if you want to move to another pc and I have found it to be painless and reliable. if it keeps prices down so they can make moola,, cool right?
If they get a bundle price I'll buy. The price is still in line for many pro plugs, much less than many, jmo, peace
daniel
Old 28th May 2006
Lives for gear

I never understand bad websites and horrible graphics from people who can afford to look professional
Old 28th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute
I never understand bad websites and horrible graphics from people who can afford to look professional
Not to mention horrible names. They tried to be funny. Ha-Ha-Ha.

These guys failed Marketing 101.

Ok, let's give them a break. At least they tried something different.
Old 28th May 2006
Lives for gear

This thread has generated so much negative Karma that when RND releases the rebranded plugins they will feature DSP algorithms so fantastic that will make all of us throw our hardware away and everybody will delete their idiotic posts one by one.

One can only hope.
Old 28th May 2006
nice last words...

thread is closed
Top Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search