The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
error loading song in DP 4.5
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

error loading song in DP 4.5

I got this message today when trying to open a song I was mixing yesterday. I have had this happen once before and couldn't work around it and ended up just importing all the files into a new song fie, but this was a good and detailed mix. The message says,

"error reading disk....song was not loaded 103"

All the audio files are still there, but the main file won't load. I tried running disk utlities and that didnt' do anything. Anybody have any thoughts?
Old 21st May 2006
Gear Nut

Trash your DP motu preferences. See if that works. I was having the same type problem and it worked for me. Did you load anything new on your mac? Do you have fonts that you have added to your system? They can sometimes screw up your computer. I don't know why but they can.
Old 21st May 2006
Gear Nut

Did it work? thumbsup
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

unfortunately...no that didn't work. I don't think I have installed anything new...not that I can remember. I only use this machine for audio.
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

There's only one thing I can think of.

Under the file menu there's 'Load' which enables you to import the chunks of your old project into a new session.

See if this will work for you, if not I fear the worst, then the best thing IMHO is to try DiskWarrior, there might be something wrong with the TOC of the harddisk.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search