The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
a few simple questions for LOGIC 7 PRO users
Old 20th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Question a few simple questions for LOGIC 7 PRO users

hello all

I'm getting to know LOGIC 7 PRO and working thru the excellent book by Martin Sitter - Apple Pro Training Series

so - I have a few questions that the book doesn't seem to answer.

1) If I have some tracks all grouped together... and I solo one track - why don't they all solo as you would expect? (DP and PT do this)

2) when I solo a track in the arrange window - why is there a weird delay till all the othr non-soloed tracks mute? This is very odd. It doesnt do this if you solo in the mixer.

3) the fade tool seems to not be working on an audio region. I can't figure this one out.

4) how do I get to the aux send pre/post control? The book mentions this, but I can't find it anywhere.

5) I double clicked on a folder in the arrange window to show just that folders contents in the mixer - cool - but how do I get back to seeing all the faders (but not in global mode)

arg!

thanks for any tips.

feel free to post screen grabs too - shift apple 4 to save to a file - shift control apple 4 to save a screen grab to the clipboard (cool apple trick)
Old 20th May 2006
MDM
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox
hello all

I'm getting to know LOGIC 7 PRO and working thru the excellent book by Martin Sitter - Apple Pro Training Series

so - I have a few questions that the book doesn't seem to answer.

1) If I have some tracks all grouped together... and I solo one track - why don't they all solo as you would expect? (DP and PT do this)

2) when I solo a track in the arrange window - why is there a weird delay till all the othr non-soloed tracks mute? This is very odd. It doesnt do this if you solo in the mixer.

3) the fade tool seems to not be working on an audio region. I can't figure this one out.

4) how do I get to the aux send pre/post control? The book mentions this, but I can't find it anywhere.

5) I double clicked on a folder in the arrange window to show just that folders contents in the mixer - cool - but how do I get back to seeing all the faders (but not in global mode)

arg!

thanks for any tips.

feel free to post screen grabs too - shift apple 4 to save to a file - shift control apple 4 to save a screen grab to the clipboard (cool apple trick)
1,2 ----> Use SOLO like this : Click on track or object you want to solo, then press 'S' - Objects in track will become yellow -- now, you have it on solo

3 Maybe you try to use it on an Apple Loop? it doesnt work on apple loops - on all other objects it does just click and drag and you'll see the fade happening

got to go I am cooking and wife - getting bitchy - not time ... best
Old 20th May 2006
Quote:
hello all

click hold on the send itself, now you will see pre and post as options in the menu

Quote:
double click on the background

and here's a great resource:

http://community.sonikmatter.com/forums/index.php
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

for pre post just click on the send (leave it pressed) and youlll see the drop down menu
to assign bus number youill se also pre and post with a dot next to it where u can change.

fades are funky in logic. in the parameters box to the left there is fade in and out option as well as cross fade. you can highlight all audio files and change those parameters and all of them will get fades. so thats cool. the funky part is that you can tell to fade in 10ms and the fade line will look the same for 10ms and for 100ms. youll have to listen for it.

watch out for apple loops, you cant cut and them paiste or process them. wierd eh.

as for the folder track i dont get the question. do you want to go to another page like the mixer or the audio environment? or just return to the arrange? what faders you wanna see?

for solos use MDM advise. solo with S.
Old 20th May 2006
MDM
Gear Addict

www.sonikmatter.com and then become a member of the Logic forum

lots of good info & great folks there
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

i know what you mean about the fades for audio regions in logic. sometimes it doesn't work for me either.

the main culprit i've found, is suppose say you have 2 audio regions on the same track.

say you had crossfade between the 2 audio regions. but later you wanna split them apart a bit further. the try doing a fade in at beginning of 2nd audio region. doesn't let you do it, unless you get rid of the crossfade by fading out the end of 1st region.

i had some other fade problems in past where regardless of crossfades, it wouldn't let me do it. esp deep into editting times when computer/logic's been on for a long time. i'll simply restart computer for that, and it works again.

tho since i've been on 7.2, i haven't encountered the latter problem anymore.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search