The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Universal Audio UAD-1 PCI-e version + Neve 1073 EQ plugin at AES...
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

Universal Audio UAD-1 PCI-e version + Neve 1073 EQ plugin at AES...

Has the same spec's as the PCI version, but they're working on something with more DSP power.

One improvement on the UAD-1e is that thanks to the faster PCI buss the max amount of cards is now 8 instead of 4 cards!

There will be no trade-in offers, but they won't forget their current users.

You'll be able to transfer the TDM plugin licenses to the UAD card for free but still be able to use the TDM versions as well, till Digi changes something to the TDM spec offcourse.

PT7 WinXP versions of the plugins will not be developed.

They're working more closely with FXpansion to improve the performance of the RTAS adapter with their card.

UA also showed the new Neve EQ plugin. It's modelled after these units http://www.ams-neve.com/html/products/1073.php.

They're 2 versions of the plugin. One hi-res version (runs at 192Khz) to authentically model the hardware and an SE version which uses less bandwith. Plugin instances at 44.1 Khz are for the normal version 5 mono or 3 stereo instances per UAD card. For the SE version it's 16 mono or 15 stereo instances.

I can't tell how they sound like, since that's impossible to judge in a noisy convention enviroment.
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geert van den Berg
Has the same spec's, they're working on something with more power....
Did UA confirmed that to you?
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

It's on their website. So disapointing. I NEED MORE POWER.
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

The answer to all your questions here:

http://uaudio.com/products/digital/expertpak/FAQ.html

Disappointing, at least.
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

15% off all UAD plugins and bundles

I dunno if someone put this up somewhere, but I missed it if so. I was cleaning out my email bin and noticed the sale.

fwiw
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by strauss
Did UA confirmed that to you?
Anyone? Did UA confirm they're working on a more powerful one?
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

They confirmed they're working on a more powerfull DSP system, but they didn't say if it would be a card or seperate box or anything...

And they said they would make sure it's compatible with the current UAD, so you'll still be able to use it along with something new.
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
I dunno if someone put this up somewhere, but I missed it if so. I was cleaning out my email bin and noticed the sale.

fwiw
Yeh, I cashed in on a few......
Old 23rd May 2006
Here for the gear

UAD-1e @ AES

http://www.uaudio.com/news/releases/index.html

All the actual news is on their site, the rest is speculation. From what I can tell, there is a x-grade, the card limit hasn't changed and the fact that the UAD1e may be the first of a number of new UAD products seems to be implied but no facts provided.

**** Here's what UA had to say in their own words******

AES SHOW, PARIS, FRANCE - 20 MAY 2006 • Universal Audio, a manufacturer of high-quality vintage audio hardware and DSP software plug-ins for digital audio workstations, today announced the UAD-1e Express PAK and UAD-1e Expert PAK, PCI Express DSP Cards & Powered Plug-Ins(tm). The UAD-1e Express PAK (US$499 street) and Expert PAK (US$999 street) will both ship in Q3 2006 bundled with UA's core 15 free Mix/Gtr FX plug-in suite plus a UAD$100 (Express) and UAD$750 (Expert) voucher that customers can use to pick and purchase UA plug-in authorizations online.

"The UAD-1e Express PAK and Expert PAK offer DAW users with new PCIe-based Mac/PC computers access to UA's DSP-powered and sonically superior mixing and mastering plug-ins." said Mike Barnes, VP of Marketing for Universal Audio. "This is the first big milestone in our UAD strategy to offer a wider range of UAD solutions, help our customers cross-grade to new systems and give them total flexibility to choose precisely which plugs they actually want at the UA online store - my.uaudio.com."

Key Features include :

UAD-1e Express PAK ($499 with UAD$100 plug-in voucher for my.uaudio.com)
UAD-1e Expert PAK ($999 with UAD$750 plug-in voucher for my.uaudio.com)
UAD-1 & UAD-1e can be used together seamlessly in the same system
Cross-grade UAD$ voucher program for existing UAD-1 users who buy a new UAD-1e. Customers keep their UAD-1 & purchase an Express PAK for an extra UAD$100 voucher, or purchase an Expert PAK for an extra UAD$250 voucher.

"The PCI Express (PCIe) bus offers exceptional performance, lower system overhead, and higher reliability for low-latency audio signal processing while allowing us to maintain software compatibility with legacy PCI and PCI-X systems." stated Joe Bryan, VP of Technology. "This approach allows users to mix and match UAD-1 and UAD-1e cards in any combination for maximum flexibility. The PCIe bus and ExpressCard system interfaces are vastly superior to other high-speed interconnects, and allow us to run many more channels (up to 254 channels per card), operate reliably at higher sample rates, and offer much more powerful DSP expansion than alternatives using FireWire or EtherNet. Put simply, PCIe is the professional solution."
Old 23rd May 2006
Here for the gear

PLEASE ADVISE ME ABOUT THE UAD

HI THERE

I JUST BOUGHT THE UAD STUDIO PACK I HAVE TO DECIDE WHICH PLUG IN-S TO AUTHORIZE BUT I´M NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE SOUND OF THEM, CAN YOU GIVE ME AN ADVISE ON THE BETTER ONES, WE´RE TALKING ABOUT GREAT SOUND LIKE THE JOEMEEK PRE OR THE FAIRCHILD
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by deon
HI THERE

I JUST BOUGHT THE UAD STUDIO PACK I HAVE TO DECIDE WHICH PLUG IN-S TO AUTHORIZE BUT I´M NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE SOUND OF THEM, CAN YOU GIVE ME AN ADVISE ON THE BETTER ONES, WE´RE TALKING ABOUT GREAT SOUND LIKE THE JOEMEEK PRE OR THE FAIRCHILD
The ones that rarely let me down:

1176LN
Pultec
Plate Reverb
Fairchild
LA2A

The ones I avoid:

Nigel
DreamVerb

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search