The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
UAD-1e Card is here!
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

And another disappointed person here! Hoped for an external solution like all the others!

Bandwidth problems with 400 Firewire? Than use 1000bit Ethernet! If you still have bandwidth troubles then, you probably developed the mother of all plug ins!

Can not understand why SSL can process 32 EQ/Compression modules in a professional quality and Universal Audio has bandwidth troubles? Seems a bit strange to me!
Old 12th June 2006
Gear Addict

I can only run 8 (or whatevert number) fairchild esque copressors on a UAD card.
Good golly. If I want more, I have to spend $400. $400! Good golly.

Hey, man, $30,000 per instance of Fairchild. And you never have to worry
about buying thrifty DSP ever again!
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR
I can only run 8 (or whatevert number) fairchild esque copressors on a UAD card.
Good golly. If I want more, I have to spend $400. $400! Good golly.

Hey, man, $30,000 per instance of Fairchild. And you never have to worry
about buying thrifty DSP ever again!
Oh, only $400. When I have a system that can easily run as many instances of that plug in WITHOUT one UAD-1 card, only spending $400 doesn't seem too great..

$0 sounds a lot nicer than $400 to run a plug in I've ALREADY paid for.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that a UAD-1 card is NOT going up in value in the future. In fact, in 10 years you won't be able to give one away....that Pultec on the other hand..

But hey, if you don't mind spending $400......apparently that's not much to you.
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

I dont know why most of you are so dissapointed in this new product. Its only a new protocal so users with different specd PCs can run a UAD.
Im sure UAD will release a faster card in the future.
Im not a techie but the bandwidth issue sounds like like a real one and hopefully with the new PCI express card UAD will get more juice in a new release.
I dont, I said do not want to run my UAD plugs natively (PC DSP). Stability and dedicated DSP is important to me, thats why I use Soundscape.
I think the guys who want more juice should step back and look at the big picture.
Ive come to realise that using more plugs only leads to wrecking perfectly good audio so be happy with using 2 neves and a few other amazing plugins from UAD.
And, man when that new powerful UAD-2 comes along then guess what, you will only be able to run a few instances of the new super duper Neve-pro, Fairchild Pro and 1176-pro anyway and you wont be able to run old plugs on the card, you will have to buy them all over again with a special upgrade price.
Just keep making music guys.
Chymer
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Where can I buy the UAD-1e Express PAK? No one I checked seemed to have any.
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

that's because the piece of crap card isn't even out until september.
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
that's because the piece of crap card isn't even out until september.
What kind of ignorant statement is that? That does nothing to further fruitful discussions here.

You sound like a 5 year old spoiled brat with behavioral problems, not a mature, professional musician like many others here?

Grow up or go somewhere else and waste bandwidth.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search