The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Who Got Pro Tools LE 7 48 Track
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Addict

Who Got Pro Tools LE 7 48 Track

I tried to do some research but what I've come across didn't help much but from what I can gather its around 500 dollars, anyway anyone got this ? Are the Plug In's that come with this package any good ? Is there Any way to just buy the extra tracks ?
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

The reverb is nice, smack is usefull, soundreplacer again I use it a bit(I sold of my other version which paid half the upgrade), synths who knows i mucked around with it for 20 minutes(I record bands mainly), DINR maybe for work I get in from outside I might use it.
You also get multi channel version of beat detective if you use it.
Really how much is it worth to go over 32 tracks for you?

I need it for some customers so the extra plugs were a bonus.
Would of loved it for free. But sometimes you have to pay.
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Addict

Just called guitar center and they told me its 100 dollars and its version &.2 can anyone confirm ?
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

heh $100......from where? I'd buy it

the 48 tracks should have came with 7.0 mannnnnnnnn How long have we been asking for it, since 5.3.1? 6.0??

or they could have sold it for bout $100. but hey, it every company's goal to make the customer spend the most account of money they can...

.....so the packaged it with plugins that wasn't selling alone to make it look like you(the customer is saving moneytutt .

good marketing though
Old 26th May 2006
Deleted User
I did not buy it but here is the way I look at it.

Smack = $600 (this is kinda like a plugin version of the Distressor...KINDA...not an imulation)
Sound Replacer = $400 (can be cool, I prefer good mic placement, great for effects though)
48 tracks = Priceless
Multi Channel Beat Detective = Priceless (Beat Detective LE is useless for me, I do not do a lot of loop productions)
DINR = Good plug to have if you have noisey tracks, once again, I prefer recording right from the start
TL Labs Reverb = EMT 140 emulation...MMM...I like

So total value = $1000 + some prices I do not know + Priceless = $500

I think my math is right there. It is a good pack. I just dont have money. I spent it all on other gear.

Cheers
Old 26th May 2006
Here for the gear

I bought the PT LE 7.0 upgrade with the SMACK! and Pultec EQ plugs. $100 bucks well spent IMO. This is the upgrade from LE 6.X, so I had already put down my original $500.

I don't mind paying for upgrades because you get bug fixes and a little more features.

I personally wouldn't use 48 tracks, but my track count gets pretty high when you start adding main and backup vocals, so it's nice to know I have the ability to go up to 48.
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Head

You might want to read Sound On Sound's review of the Music Production Toolkit in their June 2006 issue.

I won't paste the whole thing here for copyright reasons but here's the story:

PROS
- Good value for money.
- Hybrid is a very nice virtual analogue synth, and if you don't already have one, should fulfil almost all your requirements in this area.
- Likewise, Smack! and TL Space are great: Music Production Toolkit owners are unlikely to need another convolution reverb or vintage-style compressor.
- The Music Production Toolkit is the only way to get full Beat Detective functionality and 48-track support in LE versions of Pro Tools.

CONS
- Pro Tools LE and M-Powered should support 48 tracks as standard, not as a cost option.
- Though it's still useful, Sound Replacer is looking pretty dated and could benefit from new features.
- BNR seems a little out of place in this bundle.

SUMMARY
Digidesign's Music Production Toolkit is an aggressively priced and feature-packed bundle that will genuinely meet the needs of many producers. As a stand-alone product, the Hybrid synth is also well worth a look.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search