The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Can this be done
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Nut

Can this be done

Hi guys.

For "Mastering" i use Har-bal and Samplitude.

Can i route the audio from har-bal into samplitude so that i can hear my whole chain at once.

At the moment i have to work in har-bal and then process it and then go in to Samplitude.

Id like to be able to do it all at once if you know what i mean.

Im using a digi 002
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

i don't think that can be done. on another note, how is the Har-Bal eq?
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Nut

yah i didnt think it could.

Lots dont like har-bal, i feel its cause there doing things with it that its not ment to do.

I get great results with it.

Thats just me.

I love it.
Old 17th May 2006
I'm thinking it's not possible, either.

Har-Bal is a very interesting tool. Deceptively simple, I think there's still a bit of hidden learning curve. First lesson: the "auto-EQ" (I forget what it's called) is a distraction. It might be okay as a kind of quick check or starting place but it's NO replacement for using your ears and your mouse. Second lesson: just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Har-Bal makes it look pretty easy to really get in their and jack around your EQ... but there are always consequences to duking around with EQ, no matter what algorithm(s) is used. The best fixes tend to be small fixes.
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1
I'm thinking it's not possible, either.

Har-Bal is a very interesting tool. Deceptively simple, I think there's still a bit of hidden learning curve. First lesson: the "auto-EQ" (I forget what it's called) is a distraction. It might be okay as a kind of quick check or starting place but it's NO replacement for using your ears and your mouse. Second lesson: just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Har-Bal makes it look pretty easy to really get in their and jack around your EQ... but there are always consequences to duking around with EQ, no matter what algorithm(s) is used. The best fixes tend to be small fixes.

Yep,
i dont care for the intuit q.

And you can spend waaaay too long on it.

Ive been using it for 2 and a half years now.

Im pretty familiar with what you should or shouldnt do with it.

General tip with it for anyone interested.

Cutting is the key.

Try to follow the songs general slope or where the song lools like it wants to be.

Dont play around too much above 4k.

But it pays of well if you learn this tool.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search