The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Tune...new news?
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Question Waves Tune...new news?

i've read a few other threads from search, but no real new news...anyone using Waves Tune and if so, what do you think of it?

How good are the results sonically and how easy is it to use?

I'm looking for that combo of good results without a lot of learning curvie and messing around.

Any experience and/or comparisons would be great!

Thanks,

-a
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller....
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Used it once a few months ago. Thought it sucked: sounded bad and wasn't too easy to operate. Dunno if it has been updated in the mean time? I hate autotuners, but Waves Tune defenately is worse then Antares.
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Question

"Used it once a few months ago. Thought it sucked: sounded bad and wasn't too easy to operate. Dunno if it has been updated in the mean time? I hate autotuners, but Waves Tune defenately is worse then Antares."

What on earth are you talking about??? Waves Tune is fantastically easy to use, is so much quicker than Autotune and you can get far better results. I own both so no bias there.....
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Dirty Halo,

I sent you a PM.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Thank you!

thanks for the PM, incredibly detailed and helpful... I replied (to anyone else) with one last question... between Melodyne and Waves Tune, is one notably easier to use, user friendly, etc.?

Thanks,

-a
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

I sent you another PM.

Tune, IMO.

"I think Tune is easier to use due in part to (i) the manual is more clear and concise, (ii) you have the video demo/tutorial at Waves's web site, (iii) it looks like and is used more like a typical plugin whereas Uno is a standalone app where you have to export/import/export."
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOfAllTrades

"Used it once a few months ago. Thought it sucked: sounded bad and wasn't too easy to operate. Dunno if it has been updated in the mean time? I hate autotuners, but Waves Tune defenately is worse then Antares."

What on earth are you talking about??? Waves Tune is fantastically easy to use, is so much quicker than Autotune and you can get far better results. I own both so no bias there.....
No bias here either, it just was my experience with it Like said, it could have been an older version then the current one.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

No more Antares

Hi ,

Since I use Tune I don't use Antares anymore .

It's much more powerful . You can tailor attack,note liaison,vibrato note by note .

You don't need to start each time from the same place . The tracking is much better especially on breathy vocals . it doesn't stretch the voice like autotune : the timing is respected .
It shifts formants as well .

Volodia
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeltaM
Waves Tune defenately is worse then Antares.
That's a subjective call. They each have strengths and weaknesses.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Sonically, tune is better then Autotune.
I use both ....
tune is very very easy to use.
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Head

I have never used any tune program in "my" studio until a couple of months ago when I bought Waves Tune...

There are plenty of studios that I have worked in that are using Anteres...I have never liked the sound of Anteres...Too noticeable on sustained notes for me...

Sonically the Waves tune is very much more transparent to my ears...Very easy to use...I was getting around with it just fine in the first 15-20 minutes...No reading the manual until the next day just to see if I was missing anything...

It has great standard preset pitch correction settings...Just plug and go...

Very user friendly, it has a neat pencil to actually draw/manipulate the notes (comes in handy for attacks, releases, and scooped notes) and transparency are it's strengths for me...

Mind you I do not like using any pitch correction program unless absolutely neccesary...

Take care,

Nestor

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search