The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
M-Audio Delta 1010 for soft synth use
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Addict

M-Audio Delta 1010 for soft synth use

has anyone used the M-Audio Delta 1010 as a means to get 8 outputs from their soft synth into their analog mixer? any other suggestions? i have spent a lot of time looking at various pci boxes and this one seems to be the most bang for the buck. 8 outputs for about $400. has anyone used this with sonar 5 producer and or any stand alone synths. how about experience using a soft synth as a dxi plug in to sonar 5 with the delta box?
thanks for any info. i prefer to use a pci box thanks. TF
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Addict

doesn't anyone use dimension pro or other soft synths with a pci breakout box into an analog mixer?

oh, i am using an amd athlon
Old 21st May 2006
Gear Addict

Old 23rd May 2006
Here for the gear

Im pretty sure that the first gen Openlabs NEKO
used a DELTA 1010.
Old 23rd May 2006
RME multiface.. but a bit more expensive
Old 29th May 2006
Gear Addict

thanks for the input. any other experiences with a breakout box and a soft synth?
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Addict

Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

i upgraded from a 1010 to an echo audiofire 12

u can get a used 1010 for about $250

u can get a new audiofire 12 for about $550

audiofire sounds alot nicer, imo...
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

I have used the NI Kompakt Player into the 1010LT, works great.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

i use an echo gina 24/96
you can find one for about $100 i bet!
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident fan
has anyone used the M-Audio Delta 1010 as a means to get 8 outputs from their soft synth into their analog mixer? any other suggestions? i have spent a lot of time looking at various pci boxes and this one seems to be the most bang for the buck. 8 outputs for about $400. has anyone used this with sonar 5 producer and or any stand alone synths. how about experience using a soft synth as a dxi plug in to sonar 5 with the delta box?
thanks for any info. i prefer to use a pci box thanks. TF
I am a Delta 1010 user at home. I write alot of TV commercial underscores, and therefore I must mock everything up so the suits at the ad agency can micro-manage the snot out of my music.

I'm running Logic 7 on a macG4 dual. I use ESX24(sampler)Ivory(fake piano)and most of the other soft synths and intruments in Logic. I sum through my old Ramsa WR-T820B with 8 outs from the 1010.

The sound is as good as the TDM front end that they use at the "jingle house" I work for.

Won't bung up your firewire or usb ports either. I'm thinking of getting a second 1010 so I can have 16 outs.

I'm happy to answer any questions if you want to drop me an Email.
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfarber
I am a Delta 1010 user at home. I write alot of TV commercial underscores, and therefore I must mock everything up so the suits at the ad agency can micro-manage the snot out of my music.

I'm running Logic 7 on a macG4 dual. I use ESX24(sampler)Ivory(fake piano)and most of the other soft synths and intruments in Logic. I sum through my old Ramsa WR-T820B with 8 outs from the 1010.

The sound is as good as the TDM front end that they use at the "jingle house" I work for.

Won't bung up your firewire or usb ports either. I'm thinking of getting a second 1010 so I can have 16 outs.

I'm happy to answer any questions if you want to drop me an Email.
thanks man, i'll get back to ya if i decide to go this route.

regards, TF
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Nut

Delta 1010

Can't vouch for the soft synth thing since I don't use a lot of them (yet), but bang for the buck is right. I've got a Delta 1010 and use it for multi-channel work (out). Sounds great. No latency (that I've noticed), no noise...nice and clean. I don't see why it wouldn't be a great way to go.

No...I don't work for M-Audio. But I would =)

-Zen
Old 4th June 2006
Lives for gear

another vote for the 1010 here; it's not great, but it sure ain't bad - clean sound, fuss free use and as others have said, a lot of bang for the buck.

i wouldn't want to track stuff live with it, but as a means of sorting out your line levels, it's a no brainer. and cheap as chips! thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search