The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best sampled Rhodes today?
Old 11th July 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I have my own opinion on virtual rhodes instruments.
and you can stick it you know where exactly.

it wasn't me who decided to talk out of their ass first, that E Rhodes library sounded lame and uninspiring, only to change their opinion like a couple hours later and edit their post. then you say it sounds great and specific.

this jump alone tells me your "opinion" on anything really, is worthless. if you claim you'll knowledgeable enough to actually have an opinion, you should not be this jumpy in your judgements.

as I mentioned, a few really knowledgeable people knew exactly this is a great library, a great instrument, and voiced their valuable opinion. they have the right to say.

you don't get to say. you shush. you stand in the corner quiet now for your ignorance and your foolery.
Old 11th July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwogo View Post
and you can stick it you know where exactly.

it wasn't me who decided to talk out of their ass first, that E Rhodes library sounded lame and uninspiring, only to change their opinion like a couple hours later and edit their post. then you say it sounds great and specific.

this jump alone tells me your "opinion" on anything really, is worthless. if you claim you'll knowledgeable enough to actually have an opinion, you should not be this jumpy in your judgements.

as I mentioned, a few really knowledgeable people knew exactly this is a great library, a great instrument, and voiced their valuable opinion. they have the right to say.

you don't get to say. you shush. you stand in the corner quiet now for your ignorance and your foolery.
Hah, cool. Thanks for that. I editted my post because I haven't used that particular rhodes instrument. So I thought it was not so cool to comment based solely on demo tracks, besides the library is just released and I would like to see more rhodes libraries in the market, that's why I deleted the unnecessary negative comments of mine.

I have my opinion on Scarbee EP88. And I am a potential customer to any good rhodes library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwogo View Post
What? Lol.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
They both sound good but I thought Velvet was more flattering to that particular song being played. The high notes seemed to be more separated and defined.
yea that's why Velvet has been in my folder for years - its very good
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
yea that's why Velvet has been in my folder for years - its very good
Both sound good, thanks for the audio examples.
Old 13th July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
Velvet and Keyscape are both pretty good
I see how Velvet got it's name. Both are great and sound totally different. Thanks for sharing. Was that you playing?
Old 26th July 2020
This is also a nice one with a remarkable technique inside and for an unbeatable price:

https://youtu.be/BMr75UsNKS4
Old 2nd August 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
You need to see the Greg Philliganes Keyscape Demo ..”Touring The HitS”
When you hear the different Rhodes player by a master it puts the product in its perspective..

Especially the Michael Jackson Man in the Mirror Patch.. As well as the Al Jarreau songs.. Bill Withers, Earth Wind and Fire songs ...That Library is amazing!! It’s not static.. No sir!! It’s a breathing living instrument..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionInTheBox View Post
It seems that so many people love keyscape here, which is fine, it sounds wonderful. Though the new Scarbee EP 88 plug-in is my personal favorite. It just feels like an instrument when you play it with a midi keyboard. Keyscape feels a bit "static".
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
So, you don’t want or require different Rhodes? Just one?

I love them all.. Iuse them all in my work.. I love choices.. So, when a new Rhodes line or instrument comes out, and it sound good.. $$ sold..

👍😉

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Aiken View Post
I find Scarbee to really nail the dynamics more than Keyscape for me. Just feels more like a Rhodes. Totally subjective, though, and depends on your controller, if you are using an amplifier, etc. The Rhodes I play daily is a Fender era Mark I, so that is what I am most familiar with.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdpro View Post
So, you don’t want or require different Rhodes? Just one?

I love them all.. Iuse them all in my work.. I love choices.. So, when a new Rhodes line or instrument comes out, and it sound good.. $$ sold..

👍😉
I have a Mark I, a Vintage Vibe 64, and 2 Wurlies (140 and 200). So my use of the samples is primarily for live use, and sometimes for convenience doing demos or writing parts. Some of the time they sound good enough for the part that I leave them. I do have a bunch of the sampled versions, I just think Scarbee nails the dynamics and playability better than the rest, at least for my personal tastes and touch. Most subjective thing in the world, no doubt. There are a lot of really great ones, I agree.
Deleted 1833845
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionInTheBox View Post
Hah, cool. Thanks for that. I editted my post because I haven't used that particular rhodes instrument. So I thought it was not so cool to comment based solely on demo tracks, besides the library is just released and I would like to see more rhodes libraries in the market, that's why I deleted the unnecessary negative comments of mine.

I have my opinion on Scarbee EP88. And I am a potential customer to any good rhodes library.

What? Lol.
Just reading back thru this thread. This clown that's hounding you is one of these types that for some reason takes personal insult from any comment that doesn't agree with his opinion. And what's even weirder is that he seems to be protective of a sample library. God forbid we should all have opinions.

Hate to say this but at this point almost any professionally done library is going to sound good. They all know the drill about how to do this stuff.
Old 13th August 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Does Vtines add anything to the toolbox if one already owns Keyscape and UVI's keysuite? Is Vtines the most realistic still?
Old 16th August 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

If anyone knows anything about a Rhodes it is that each one is unique in sound. The best samples rhodes sound? Judge for yourself. It’s subjective, and music is about what pleases your ear.
Old 28th September 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Cool

"''Medley played the Wurlitzer piano on the song and he noted that "if I knew that it was gonna be a hit I certainly would have brought in a better piano player.""

Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers, producer and Wurlitzer piano player on Unchained Melody.
Old 28th September 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motifator View Post
If anyone knows anything about a Rhodes it is that each one is unique in sound. The best samples rhodes sound? Judge for yourself. It’s subjective, and music is about what pleases your ear.
Agreed.
Old 29th September 2020
Gear Maniac

Adam Monroe upgrades his Rhodes to 2.5, adds valuable new features.

Adam Monroe's Mark 73 2.5 UPDATE
📝 Reply