The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wizooverb/Izotope plug ins and fx teleport.. is there any issue to consider?
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Wizooverb/Izotope plug ins and fx teleport.. is there any issue to consider?

Hi,

I will soon have a new notebook (t42p) for my work, but I could also use it as an extrenal dsp, couldn't I? I could also get the poco or UAD, but why not try something cheap first?

Presently I am using samplitude and would be fine, if the notebook does reverb and may be some of the dynamics calculations. I am not using VST instruments for recording purposes right now.

I have considered using freeverb, wizooverb or tascam gigaverb for money vs. quality issues and may be some of the digitalfishphones-dynamics (should be quite similar to samplitude) or Izotope plug ins. May be a guitar amp simulation later on, may be one day a waves bundle... Don't know yet.

Since you need to install the plug ins on both computers, I have heard rumors that not every plug in will tolerate this?!?!? If there is a dongle I would understand, but else....?

Can anyone using fx teleport let me know, wheter there are such issues, or whether it is just idiotproven plug and play after setting everything up (this is my understanding from reading previous threads, but I want to be sure).

Thanks a lot for any help regarding that issue

Best

Leif
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Addict

You don't need to install the plulgins on both machines. I generally do, but you don't have to -- the FXTeleport version of the plugin just needs to be on the secondary machine.

I use ozone & spectron from izotope via FXT without problems. Almost every plugin I've tried has ported nicely thru FXT, but there are exceptions.

I'd also scratch around the samp forum and make sure FXT works with it. I've heard otherwise.
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Thanks!

hope it works with sam...

best leif

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search