The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone Here Use PC on MAC and vice versa
Old 14th May 2006
Gear Addict

Anyone Here Use PC on MAC and vice versa

Im wondering if its possible if you own a MAC and PC if you could use the music programs that are PC specific and MAC specific together like opening up a PC program in your MAC
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHINE
Im wondering if its possible if you own a MAC and PC if you could use the music programs that are PC specific and MAC specific together like opening up a PC program in your MAC
You will only be able to operate the programmes independantly, You will have to have a new Macintel computer and install Windows Xp and then boot into windows and use your PC audio software - Virtual PC on Powermacs is rubbish for running audio apps as there just isn't enough cpu resource.

New Intel macs do not as yet have enough audio programmes written to Universal Binary so things are limited just now.

As for running Mac and PC programmes together simultaneously under one OS......it cannot be done.
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

There are plenty of users here that have done the PC on the MAC, do a search for Bootcamp. There are a number of threads with results from a bunch of users. Some of the threads went into the mac/pc discussion, so avoid these as there was no useful info there, but there is one thread that was left strictly to results of using bootcamp. As for OSX on the PC, there are a few of us fiddling around with this, but this isn't much of a site here for postings on that subject and I'm still fiddling with my PC running OSX so I can't be helpful there. One of those bootcamp threads gives a discussion site for PC users getting OSX to run on their system.
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSergeantD
There are plenty of users here that have done the PC on the MAC, do a search for Bootcamp. There are a number of threads with results from a bunch of users. Some of the threads went into the mac/pc discussion, so avoid these as there was no useful info there, but there is one thread that was left strictly to results of using bootcamp. As for OSX on the PC, there are a few of us fiddling around with this, but this isn't much of a site here for postings on that subject and I'm still fiddling with my PC running OSX so I can't be helpful there. One of those bootcamp threads gives a discussion site for PC users getting OSX to run on their system.
I'd be interested in this. I sold my Powerbook waiting for the MacBook Pro, and now I'm thinking about waiting for Merom to come out in 2 months before I buy another Mac. My copy Logic is looking lonely... i'd like to get Logic on my PC

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search