The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wiring Questions with Lynx L22
Old 14th May 2006
Gear Nut

Wiring Questions with Lynx L22

For my 1 channel setup (Great River pre and U195 mic for vox and SM57 for gtrs), I'm in need to know how to PROPERLY hook up my setup.

If I get a Lynx L22 as a soundcard/interface, how do I hook up the cables for proper volume control (I have NS10's w/ amp for monitoring) and how do I setup a headphone monitoring system (I only need two headphones simultaneously). I do not have XLR or 1/4 ins/outs on my amp.

This setup is absolutely only for writing ideas down and fukking around, but I'd to have it properly wired.

Thanks for any help
Old 14th May 2006

your amp doesn't have balanced ins probably but the Lynx has balanced outs, if you want to do it PROPERLY you'll need an amp with balanced ins, but since you are just for writing you can get some converteers XLR -> rca

If your amp has a head phone out you can just use that for headphones, if you need more than one set then get a headphone splitter for about $100, like the presonus 4 channel one..

Inside the lynx software you'll have to set your output levels to -10 instead of +4 that I think it is set at as standard.

Since the lynx 22 only has 2 ins and 2 outs your headphone mixes will be the same as your monitor mixes.

use the volume knob on your amp

The lynx is a fantastic sounding card for the money

narco
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

I've been using an L22 with a Benchmark DAC1. Use the digital out from the Lynx into the benchmark and use that to go to you monitor's (It has phono or balanced out's) It took my monitoring to another level (used with Genelec 8040's+sub) The Benchmark also has 2 headphone sockets on the front panel, you can easily switch between monitoring through everything or just the headphones.
Not a cheap option but definitely one of the best.

Steve
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa
I've been using an L22 with a Benchmark DAC1. Use the digital out from the Lynx into the benchmark and use that to go to you monitor's (It has phono or balanced out's) It took my monitoring to another level (used with Genelec 8040's+sub) The Benchmark also has 2 headphone sockets on the front panel, you can easily switch between monitoring through everything or just the headphones.
Not a cheap option but definitely one of the best.

Steve

What were you using before? Did you have a monitor controller? I'm curious because I also own an L22.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search