The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
which waves plugins can make a wah wah effect?
Old 13th May 2006
Gear Nut

which waves plugins can make a wah wah effect?

I can't seem to get a decent wah wah sound out of Metaflanger, what waves plugins do u guys use to get a wah wah effect?

Also, are there any waves like plugins that can make a decent phaser sound?
Old 13th May 2006
Here for the gear

You could check out Waves GTR: http://www.waves.com/content.asp?id=1684
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

crew,
theres a slew of effects in powertracks that i use includeing wah/flange/phase/
(pgmusic.com for demo). plus you get a whole native studio thrown in.
effects are a very personal thing. powertracks ones keep me happy and the benefit is they dont hog down the processor. but youll have to try the specific effects to see if they meet your needs. be aware of one thing.
the effects are highly customisable. and there are a thousand and one settings.
what may work for me may not for you settings wise.
also there is a slew of other stuff like ring mod and hum filter, echo/chorus.
check out the echoplex setting sometime. and guitar trails.
just an idea. you should really check into it for 50 bucks. if you dont believe me.
go on the pg user forums. these are serious effects.
Old 13th May 2006
Gear Maniac

The best wah plug I've come upon is the Sonitus Wah. They bundle it with Sonar and it's really pretty good. Not sure if you could go to the Sonitus site and get it a la carte.

Very sensible threshold, attack, swing, and range parameters. Not to mention control over frequency range and Q. Does LFO-kinda swinging that's host-syncable or envelope-sensing stuff. Doesn't sound like a human foot, but unless you're very practiced with a pedal, you might not care. I've only been good at wah articulation during solos. Any kind of rhythm playing has always left me sucking. The best part? No Dunlop artifacts or radiostations.
Old 14th May 2006

you can simulate a wah type effect just using an eq, as that is pretty much what a wah is (isn't it?)

narco
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

if you're stuck on Waves' stuff, try the MondoMod plug. More phaser than wah effects, but still useful at times.

There's a free phaser plug I downloaded recently that rocks. It's actually donationware and the group of guys @ smartelectronix do some good stuff.

http://bram.smartelectronix.com/
Old 14th May 2006
Gear Head
PSP Nitro is crazy for the type of effects you're looking for. It also does A LOT more... One of the dopest plugins in my arsenal.
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco
you can simulate a wah type effect just using an eq, as that is pretty much what a wah is (isn't it?)

narco

What a coincidence...today I was reading someing about this ... take a track, and then clone it and reverse the phase . Now when played, you will hear silence because both tracks cancel each other out. But... stick in a parametric Eq in the cloned track and automate the Frequency control ( giving a fairly high Q and gain). Automating this will give a wa wa effect.... This is from Craig Anderton´s book Sonar mixing and mastering...
Old 19th September 2010
Here for the gear

Enigma

Enigma has a "wahwah" preset.
Old 19th September 2010
Gear Nut

All the ones that involve WUP seem to create the waa waa effect.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search