The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Accidental Deletion!!!
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Accidental Deletion!!!

I was trying to clean up a ProTools session by erasing some files from the session (unneeded iin the session, but very important for other ones) when I accidentally erased them from the tnire disk!!!! I've posted a thread of the DUC searching for help already, but if anyone wants to chip in I'm using PTLE 6.4 on osx 10.3.9. Does anyone have any horror stories like mine? I feel like such a n00b now.

Last edited by 2A Batterie; 11th May 2006 at 05:42 PM..
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

No problem, you just restore the files from the backup you were keeping of your work.

You *were* keeping a backup on another disk weren't you?
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Well I'm new at this (relatively speaking), I'm poor, and I'm a F***ing idiot. I know that I should have multiple backup drives, but I haven't gotten around to cleaning house and getting a new backup drive and making several copies of everything and yada yada yada. I mean, you know not to drop the soap, but once you get that sore feeling for the first time, you will never, <i>ever</i>, drop the soap again.
Old 11th May 2006
search online for a program called 'data rescue II' - as long as you haven't done too much with the drive you deleted the files on, it might be able to recover some or all of them. it works pretty well, I used it when my ibook's system drive started to die on me and it got some stuff back. be warned that it could take many hours if not days to recover stuff, though, the process isn't quick.
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Maniac

I've just decided to bite the bullet and re-record my tracks. I'm playing and recording the drum tracks in my home studio for a guitarist's on the other side of the country album. I've lost a few days of work, but things like this happen when you eat paint chips.
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Maniac

DATA RESCUE

UNDELETE

RECOVER MY FILES

WILL GET THEM BACK EASILY IF IT JUST HAPPENED. I DID THAT WITH A WHOLE PROJECT BY ACCIDENT. 10 SESSIONS WORTH. AFTER I PANICKED MY HOMIE TOLD ME TO DOWNLOAD RECOVER MY FILES AND I GOT THEM ALL BACK.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search