The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UAD Lexicon 224 versus ValhallaRoom?
Old 26th April 2015 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamurah View Post
I'm sorry I am going to have to report you to the moderator for a violation of the TOS for Gearslutz:

"No member is allowed to espouse a viewpoint in public which in any way overtly or implicitly supports a notion that acquisition of additional tools for audio production (hardware or software) is unnecessary or in any way less than desirable. Any member found in violation of this edict will face immediate suspension of their account until reparations are made in both a written renunciation of the offending statement and when said member makes a substantial subsequent purchase (audio production hardware or software)."

Ah yes.... it's gearslutz we're in

Just sayin'...
Old 2nd May 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaParTea View Post
To satisfice is to settle for something that is good enough and not worry about the possibility that there might be something better
This is a very true statement, If I think back to when I started in music to have anything that wasn't tape was seen to be a giant leap forward, if you had a Radar or ADAT you were better than off the Studer A80 guys.
Now its seen as hip to work with tape in the old manner, then run into Protools.

Besides you just couldn't afford to buy a new lexicon PCM every month like you can in software world , so you had to be happy and make music with whatever was in the studio at the time.

I remember a quote from Bob Clearmountain when he was asked why he used a U87 on Brian Adams vocal, the reply was, "it was just what the studio had in the mic locker at the time so we used it"
📝 Reply