The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools 10 vs Logic 9 - Advantages and Disadvantages
Old 14th February 2012
  #1
Lives for gear
 
smoovemode's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Pro Tools 10 vs Logic 9 - Advantages and Disadvantages

I keep hearing people say that Pro Tools is better for audio recording. What aspects of audio recording make it better? Does it sound better, have more options, easier to get around in? I use logic and I have briefly used PT8, but mostly did midi in both. They both seemed to have the same functionality and I did not find either one hard to get around in. So, If PT is better for Audio, I may make one of my next investments, upgrading to PT 10 and make it my primary DAW. The only turn off is last I heard, it was still only 32 bits, while Logic 9 is 64 bits. I wonder if it's still the same way?

What do you guys think?
Old 14th February 2012
  #2
Gear addict
its pretty much the same ****. use whichever one you like better.
Old 14th February 2012
  #3
I find audio editing and stuff is much easier with Pro Tools - but it's all just personal preference. Avid offer a demo of Pro Tools now so you could give it a whirl for a while and see whether you like it - I think you can do the same with Logic too??

I wouldn't worry about 64 bit - unless you're doing REALLY heavy sessions then 32 bit is absolutely fine for the time being - I mean honestly major studios have been running PT for heavy sessions all the time for years and it's been stable enough for it to become as popular as it is. I can run 192khz/24-bit sessions with tons of tracks and plugins/VI's in PT9 without any issues.

Both Logic and PT are both good DAW's so I would just weigh up functionality/personal preference/price point and decide which is the better of the two for you.
Old 14th February 2012
  #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovemode View Post
I keep hearing people say that Pro Tools is better for audio recording. What aspects of audio recording make it better? Does it sound better, have more options, easier to get around in? I use logic and I have briefly used PT8, but mostly did midi in both. They both seemed to have the same functionality and I did not find either one hard to get around in. So, If PT is better for Audio, I may make one of my next investments, upgrading to PT 10 and make it my primary DAW. The only turn off is last I heard, it was still only 32 bits, while Logic 9 is 64 bits. I wonder if it's still the same way?

What do you guys think?
I think those guys are being quite "broad" with their language. Audio recording? Yea, Audio Engineering. Pro Tools has been engineered to be a recording/mixing/editing, digital audio workstation solution for audio engineers and has an extremely intuitive layout, in my viewpoint. There are features of Pro Tools, that I feel are key to my work flow, and my aesthetic. I like how the Editing Modes work, and how the Grid Functions. I simply cannot say the same for Logic.

I will conclude Logic is a fun toy for midi and making virtual music, but for my applications, I need a serious audio recording workstation, that I can trust and depend on. I have found that Logic does not work for me anymore and I have finally paid the insurance bill on getting the sandpaper glove removed from me rear end. There are far too many gotchas with this piece of code, and HAL does not obey me, no matter where, or when I use this program and how I set it up. Maybe its me? Probably is....no, for sure it is. But I do not fancy its layout, nor its editing modes, and I am perplexed by its sound quality, which I do not like.

Hopefully its not all stark, cause there are some things I do like about the program, but its surely not for audio recording, or editing, or mixing. Recording/Editing/Mixing in Pro Tools, destroys all the others in my world, but that is just my world. I know the public consensus is touted as important, but if I was the only one who bought a PT rig, I really wouldn't care. I really like using it in my own way.

In the end, Logic and Pro Tools have the same purpose, both are DAW platforms, but with way different layouts, features and environment's, rules and gotchas. Pro Tools is taken quite seriously here, as a Multi-track, Mixer, Arranger, Editor, Sampler, because I am better with it, I am faster with it, I am less disgruntled by it, and it makes more sense to me, as well it sounds better to my ear. I've used them both for years, and I much prefer to work in Pro Tools for its editing modes, plug in environment, recording stability, mixing facility and features. This is my preference.

The question about 32 bit versus 64 bit is only about how the Internal Processing works with the Program. It has has nothing to do with my choice, but I think its important to know how the program works internally.
Old 14th February 2012
  #5
Gear nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Mixwell View Post
I think those guys are being quite "broad" with their language. Audio recording? Yea, Audio Engineering. Pro Tools has been engineered to be a recording/mixing/editing, digital audio workstation solution for audio engineers and has an extremely intuitive layout, in my viewpoint. There are features of Pro Tools, that I feel are key to my work flow, and my aesthetic. I like how the Editing Modes work, and how the Grid Functions. I simply cannot say the same for Logic.

I will conclude Logic is a fun toy for midi and making virtual music, but for my applications, I need a serious audio recording workstation, that I can trust and depend on. I have found that Logic does not work for me anymore and I have finally paid the insurance bill on getting the sandpaper glove removed from me rear end. There are far too many gotchas with this piece of code, and HAL does not obey me, no matter where, or when I use this program and how I set it up. Maybe its me? Probably is....no, for sure it is. But I do not fancy its layout, nor its editing modes, and I am perplexed by its sound quality, which I do not like.

Hopefully its not all stark, cause there are some things I do like about the program, but its surely not for audio recording, or editing, or mixing. Recording/Editing/Mixing in Pro Tools, destroys all the others in my world, but that is just my world. I know the public consensus is touted as important, but if I was the only one who bought a PT rig, I really wouldn't care. I really like using it in my own way.

In the end, Logic and Pro Tools have the same purpose, both are DAW platforms, but with way different layouts, features and environment's, rules and gotchas. Pro Tools is taken quite seriously here, as a Multi-track, Mixer, Arranger, Editor, Sampler, because I am better with it, I am faster with it, I am less disgruntled by it, and it makes more sense to me, as well it sounds better to my ear. I've used them both for years, and I much prefer to work in Pro Tools for its editing modes, plug in environment, recording stability, mixing facility and features. This is my preference.

The question about 32 bit versus 64 bit is only about how the Internal Processing works with the Program. It has has nothing to do with my choice, but I think its important to know how the program works internally.
+1

I use logic for composing, and thats it.
Old 14th February 2012
  #6
Lives for gear
 
smoovemode's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spare Monkey View Post
+1

I use logic for composing, and thats it.
That's what I keep hearing! I guess I better upgrade my PT8 to PT10. Does PT 10 have a "one shot" import feature for midi files/session files from Logic 9 (ogg?)). Right now I have not recording any relevant audio in Logic, So, all I need to worry about is midi. But, it would be nice if the whole session could be transferred too.
Old 14th February 2012
  #7
You can export an OMF of your session in logic and import that into PT. Not sure if OMF carries MIDI over though?

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Gearslutz.com
Old 14th February 2012
  #8
. . . what everyone else says, its mostly down to preference.

I use Pro Tools in my studio, but can get my head around logic after using it in other studios and a bit at uni.

I think when it comes down to it, it's a matter of 6 or two 3's

I love the aesthetics of Pro Tools, It always makes me feel good and professional when I get up in the morning and start it up. Editing and mixing just feels really easy and natural. Although it is 32bit and eats computer resources like it's never had a meal I find I can load a busy instance of BFD2, a full piano patch from EW Pianos, a good amount of patches from EWQL symphonic orchestra and a few instances of Arturia's CS-80v without too many headaches. As far as MIDI is concerned I have no complaints about work flow, although I do wish it had a drum map feature like Cubase does.

However, I do compare Pro Tools to a woman on a period. . . everything can be fine and dandy one second, the next your getting your head bitten off for no reason. Sometimes it can decide that it doesn't like your settings and window arrangements and opens up with a random configuration, it also has a tendency to freeze up the whole computer, regardless of session size/plugs etc.

Logic, IMO feels like a toy, a bit of a noob tool. I've just never been able to fall in love with it. Even if it has a large stock library of sounds, like processing plugs the best usually come from 3rd party devs. Although I do like how the sounds are organised, and I LOVE the neat little app in the transport bar that shows the MIDI note/chord, its a small thing but it makes composing a lot easier, especially for a self taught, theory ignorant guy like me.

To be honest, for the vast majority of users, picking a DAW comes down to how you like the way it looks/feels to use and what workflow best suites you. Looking at feature comparisons is all well and good but you have to ask your self how much, if at all you will use 75% of what's there.
Old 15th February 2012
  #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by benherron.rrr View Post
. . . what everyone else says, its mostly down to preference.

I use Pro Tools in my studio, but can get my head around logic after using it in other studios and a bit at uni.

I think when it comes down to it, it's a matter of 6 or two 3's

I love the aesthetics of Pro Tools, It always makes me feel good and professional when I get up in the morning and start it up. Editing and mixing just feels really easy and natural. Although it is 32bit and eats computer resources like it's never had a meal I find I can load a busy instance of BFD2, a full piano patch from EW Pianos, a good amount of patches from EWQL symphonic orchestra and a few instances of Arturia's CS-80v without too many headaches. As far as MIDI is concerned I have no complaints about work flow, although I do wish it had a drum map feature like Cubase does.

However, I do compare Pro Tools to a woman on a period. . . everything can be fine and dandy one second, the next your getting your head bitten off for no reason. Sometimes it can decide that it doesn't like your settings and window arrangements and opens up with a random configuration, it also has a tendency to freeze up the whole computer, regardless of session size/plugs etc.

Logic, IMO feels like a toy, a bit of a noob tool. I've just never been able to fall in love with it. Even if it has a large stock library of sounds, like processing plugs the best usually come from 3rd party devs. Although I do like how the sounds are organised, and I LOVE the neat little app in the transport bar that shows the MIDI note/chord, its a small thing but it makes composing a lot easier, especially for a self taught, theory ignorant guy like me.

To be honest, for the vast majority of users, picking a DAW comes down to how you like the way it looks/feels to use and what workflow best suites you. Looking at feature comparisons is all well and good but you have to ask your self how much, if at all you will use 75% of what's there.
Agree on all of that, apart from the unpredictability aspect. Sounds like you've got a compatibility issue with your computer, or something set up strangely. Most mac pt rigs don't exhibit this behaviour!
Old 15th February 2012
  #10
Lives for gear
 
smoovemode's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
I will say that PT can be a little demanding at times

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Agree on all of that, apart from the unpredictability aspect. Sounds like you've got a compatibility issue with your computer, or something set up strangely. Most mac pt rigs don't exhibit this behaviour!
I would have to disagree about Logic 9 being a noob tool. That would be GB. To me Logic 9 and Pro Tools work about the same. But, it's with audio that I have heard Pro Tools excels and is the reason why I'm going to move to it. Before I mostly did my own beats and did not need to record vocals. Now that I'm recording vocals I now am getting a little worried about recording. Musicians can be flaky, so you may only get one or two takes from them LOL! So, recording audio better be "on the one".
Old 15th February 2012
  #11
I dig Logic for writing and recording demos, sequencing beats, using virtual instruments. It has the edge there IMO. ProTools has the edge on everything else to me, especially mixing and editing.
Old 15th February 2012
  #12
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovemode View Post
I would have to disagree about Logic 9 being a noob tool. That would be GB. To me Logic 9 and Pro Tools work about the same. But, it's with audio that I have heard Pro Tools excels and is the reason why I'm going to move to it. Before I mostly did my own beats and did not need to record vocals. Now that I'm recording vocals I now am getting a little worried about recording. Musicians can be flaky, so you may only get one or two takes from them LOL! So, recording audio better be "on the one".
Audio recording is just as "good" in Logic as it is in Pro Tools.

Why wouldn´t it?

I like PT a lot for mixing, but for production it is a little bit limited I think..No bounce in place, track rendering etc. + Logic´s comping system is much better IMO.

But the general feel of PT audio editing/waveform display is much better.
Old 15th February 2012
  #13
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovemode View Post
I keep hearing people say that Pro Tools is better for audio recording.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone knowledgeable say that pro tools is any better than any other daw for audio recording. For file and project management it is really great, and it's a very fast pro level tool once you learn all of the keyboard shortcuts etc. But better? nope.

I'd like to know where you keep hearing people say this:

At pro audio stores? ignore them - they don't know what they're talking about at stores mostly.

In low budget amateur circles? How would they know? They can only afford one product, often the cheapest or most famous is their choice.

In recording school? Do NOT trust anything you learn in recording school as a true industry standard or in fact as vaguely current information.
Old 15th February 2012
  #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Sounds like you've got a compatibility issue with your computer, or something set up strangely. Most mac pt rigs don't exhibit this behaviour!
Yeah, I think it's a windows problem that a lot of people are having. PT9 was as solid as a rock, never failed. But I can't really be bothered moving back to 9 since I have transferred all my projects to .ptx

I get very touchy about the computer compatibility thing, I feel that if I pay a company for a product. . . it should work and I shouldn't get told that it is my problem if it doesn't, I don't blame Pro Tools the software, more Avids ethos. But that's a rant for another day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovemode View Post
I would have to disagree about Logic 9 being a noob tool.
I don't think that logic IS a noob tool, it just feels like one to me. I suppose logic is an upgraded GB.

I suppose no DAW is easier to record audio then another, its as easy as clicking the record button heh

I wish I had a record button, like the missile launch buttons in fighter jets, with the flip over safety cap and everything
Old 16th February 2012
  #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by claesbjo View Post
No bounce in place, track rendering etc. + Logic´s comping system is much better IMO.
I disagree here dude - you CAN bounce to disk and automatically import to a new track at the correct position... Also track rendering exists and is just done in a slightly different way in PT... Audiosuite plugin versions of the real time effects can be applied offline to your track audio & the use of playlists enable you to switch between processed and unprocessed versions in the blink of an eye... I havent really done as much comping in Logic as i have in PT - but for me PT wins this battle too..Logic's just seems a bit clunkier.. Your mileage is obviously different!!
Old 16th February 2012
  #16
Gear maniac
 
anna_britbass88's Avatar
 

Logic 9 is great, it comes w/so much - sure having PT means more doors may open for you (portability w/sessions) in my mind they both have pros and cons.
Old 16th February 2012
  #17
Lives for gear
 
smoovemode's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelley View Post
I don't think I've ever heard anyone knowledgeable say that pro tools is any better than any other daw for audio recording. For file and project management it is really great, and it's a very fast pro level tool once you learn all of the keyboard shortcuts etc. But better? nope.

I'd like to know where you keep hearing people say this:

At pro audio stores? ignore them - they don't know what they're talking about at stores mostly.

In low budget amateur circles? How would they know? They can only afford one product, often the cheapest or most famous is their choice.

In recording school? Do NOT trust anything you learn in recording school as a true industry standard or in fact as vaguely current information.
Thanks for your input. I have heard that for over 10 years and I understand it may only be a stereotype. But, it does seem that most of the "Pro Studios" use Pro Tools. I would like to dive deeper into this in a technical way to find out what's up!
Old 16th February 2012
  #18
Lives for gear
 
smoovemode's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by benherron.rrr View Post
Yeah, I think it's a windows problem that a lot of people are having. PT9 was as solid as a rock, never failed. But I can't really be bothered moving back to 9 since I have transferred all my projects to .ptx

I get very touchy about the computer compatibility thing, I feel that if I pay a company for a product. . . it should work and I shouldn't get told that it is my problem if it doesn't, I don't blame Pro Tools the software, more Avids ethos. But that's a rant for another day.




I don't think that logic IS a noob tool, it just feels like one to me. I suppose logic is an upgraded GB.

I suppose no DAW is easier to record audio then another, its as easy as clicking the record button heh

I wish I had a record button, like the missile launch buttons in fighter jets, with the flip over safety cap and everything
LOL!!! Love that imagination!
Old 16th February 2012
  #19
Lives for gear
 
smoovemode's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_britbass88 View Post
Logic 9 is great, it comes w/so much - sure having PT means more doors may open for you (portability w/sessions) in my mind they both have pros and cons.
I do agree that Logic is much easier on the Mac than PT is. PT8 vs Logic 9, with logic, you could load and go. With PT8 I needed to make all sort of changes and configurations so that it would not freeze.
Old 22nd February 2012
  #20
Gear Nut
 
mamabuna's Avatar
I would never pay $800 plus $50 for the iLoK for Pro tools 10 The market right now is so diverse. Logic is a very good alternative and for $200 and you get so much for it. Presonus Studio One is an other very very good option.
Old 22nd February 2012
  #21
Jack of all Trades
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabuna View Post
I would never pay $800 plus $50 for the iLoK for Pro tools 10 The market right now is so diverse. Logic is a very good alternative and for $200 and you get so much for it. Presonus Studio One is an other very very good option.
I (a student) payed $300 for the full PT10 and iLok + free shipping. I also have the full Logic Pro Studio. Logic for beats (creative music making), PT for tracking and mixing. For what I do PT + Logic = the best combination imaginable.
Old 22nd February 2012
  #22
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcreeves View Post
You can export an OMF of your session in logic and import that into PT. Not sure if OMF carries MIDI over though?

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Gearslutz.com
Interesting. I also work between logic and PT. I'm part of the half that likes to create in logic (midi, vi's,etc) and edit/mix in PT. They each seem to excel in those areas for me. Normally, I just bounce the track if i've applied fx's or anything i like or just import the file from the corresponding folder. Any pros and/or cons between the two methods (saving as a OMF vs importing individual tracks). Any other ways of getting different forms of information between the two daws? i have a laptop, and with a high track count bouncing and importing can be really destructive creatively.
Old 22nd February 2012
  #23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelley View Post
I don't think I've ever heard anyone knowledgeable say that pro tools is any better than any other daw for audio recording. For file and project management it is really great, and it's a very fast pro level tool once you learn all of the keyboard shortcuts etc. But better? nope.

I'd like to know where you keep hearing people say this:

At pro audio stores? ignore them - they don't know what they're talking about at stores mostly.

In low budget amateur circles? How would they know? They can only afford one product, often the cheapest or most famous is their choice.

In recording school? Do NOT trust anything you learn in recording school as a true industry standard or in fact as vaguely current information.
For large scale tracking and editing, I absolutely think PT is better than Logic. You can't edit to sample accuracy with Logic in the main window - yes, you can use the sample editor, but not on multiple tracks. That alone is a deal breaker for me.

If you're only doing smaller, one or two track overdubs, you're not needing to get too detailed in your audio editing, or you mainly program - logic all the way. I tend to notice when people have recorded audio in logic and send it to be mix - the comps are often not very good, vocal breaths hacked in half, glitchy edits, and so on. Obviously the operative has a big part to play, but I think PT makes it easier to be conscientious, and logic kind of hides everything away that it doesn't think you need to know about - even the logic fade graphics are kind of bodged, "well it kinda does this but hey, don't worry about it" efforts.

I don't fall into any of the above categories - this is all from working experience.
Old 22nd February 2012
  #24
Gear Head
 

Lots of good advice in here. I'm a hardcore Logic guy, but I'm a electronic music/hiphop/beat producer and really only mix my own stuff. So the only audio I usually have on tracks is vocals or something I'm chopping up into a sampler anyway.

I've never done large scale audio editing, but for production and composing Logic is perfect to me.
Old 22nd February 2012
  #25
Gear Head
 
recordingrev's Avatar
 

Both Logic and Pro Tools are legitimate platforms to produce pro music with. There are pros and amateurs alike who are making killer recordings and mixes with either platform.

I personally have been using Pro Tools for 10 years now and I know it like the back of my hand, which is great because I can focus on what matters most, the music and not let the software get in the way. That's the key.

As far as pros and cons? Right now price might be the determining factor. If you already have an audio interface then Logic 9 is selling for $199 US and that is a steal. If you don't have an interface then going with Pro Tools MP9 with a bundled M-Audio interface is an even better deal.

Really what matters most is that whatever you pick, you learn it well and stick with it.

G
Old 22nd February 2012
  #26
Lives for gear
 
smoovemode's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoSteve View Post
Interesting. I also work between logic and PT. I'm part of the half that likes to create in logic (midi, vi's,etc) and edit/mix in PT. They each seem to excel in those areas for me. Normally, I just bounce the track if i've applied fx's or anything i like or just import the file from the corresponding folder. Any pros and/or cons between the two methods (saving as a OMF vs importing individual tracks). Any other ways of getting different forms of information between the two daws? i have a laptop, and with a high track count bouncing and importing can be really destructive creatively.
I'm looking for a one button solution myself. I wish there was some way to just take my Logic sessions and without any fuss, duplicate the session into PT. Audio to Audio, Midi to Midi and so on. If that cannot be done, I would prefer to use PT, just because when I need to take it from the project studio to a final mixdown studio, I don't wanna deal with the drama and possible extra charges of a multi platform import into their DAW.

So, it's not so much my own preference as it seems to be the preference of the industry, right now.
Old 23rd February 2012
  #27
Gear interested
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelley View Post
I don't think I've ever heard anyone knowledgeable say that pro tools is any better than any other daw for audio recording. For file and project management it is really great, and it's a very fast pro level tool once you learn all of the keyboard shortcuts etc. But better? nope.

I'd like to know where you keep hearing people say this:

At pro audio stores? ignore them - they don't know what they're talking about at stores mostly.

In low budget amateur circles? How would they know? They can only afford one product, often the cheapest or most famous is their choice.

In recording school? Do NOT trust anything you learn in recording school as a true industry standard or in fact as vaguely current information.
Ok, here's my short list of PT features that I'm STILL waiting for other daws to match (including Logic). If I'm wrong and these are no longer PT-only features, please let me know! It's been a while since I checked out Logic.

-The Import Session Data dialog. I don't know if I could even list all the possible uses for this feature but it's an unbelievable time saver. Copying mix settings, importing tracks (not just raw audio but the actual tracks) from other sessions, reverting parts (but not all) of the session back to an earlier one... I've used it countless times and it always struck me as a "why has no one else thought of that?" feature.

-Shuffle edit mode. Absolute editing miracles can be performed in this mode if you know what you're doing with it.

-Edit and mix groups. I could be way off the mark here because aside from a passing interest in Reaper, it's been a few years since I tested the DAW waters. I have not seen a grouping system that's so intuitive or well implemented anywhere else.

-Take management in PT is my favorite of any DAW. Closest thing I've seen to PT's playlist system is Digital Performer's takes system.

I'll think of more I'm sure. There's plenty I don't like about PT as well but I needed to offer a counterpoint to people who insist that it's all a matter of personal taste. It's really not. These are different platforms with distinctly different feature sets IMO.
Old 23rd February 2012
  #28
Lives for gear
 
smoovemode's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by locust_tree View Post
Ok, here's my short list of PT features that I'm STILL waiting for other daws to match (including Logic). If I'm wrong and these are no longer PT-only features, please let me know! It's been a while since I checked out Logic.

-The Import Session Data dialog. I don't know if I could even list all the possible uses for this feature but it's an unbelievable time saver. Copying mix settings, importing tracks (not just raw audio but the actual tracks) from other sessions, reverting parts (but not all) of the session back to an earlier one... I've used it countless times and it always struck me as a "why has no one else thought of that?" feature.

-Shuffle edit mode. Absolute editing miracles can be performed in this mode if you know what you're doing with it.

-Edit and mix groups. I could be way off the mark here because aside from a passing interest in Reaper, it's been a few years since I tested the DAW waters. I have not seen a grouping system that's so intuitive or well implemented anywhere else.

-Take management in PT is my favorite of any DAW. Closest thing I've seen to PT's playlist system is Digital Performer's takes system.

I'll think of more I'm sure. There's plenty I don't like about PT as well but I needed to offer a counterpoint to people who insist that it's all a matter of personal taste. It's really not. These are different platforms with distinctly different feature sets IMO.
WOW! That's some list!! My one request would be that a Native 64 bit version was available. Maybe there is now. But, when I was messin' with PT8 and thinking about going to PT9, it was not talked about much.
Old 23rd February 2012
  #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovemode View Post
WOW! That's some list!! My one request would be that a Native 64 bit version was available. Maybe there is now. But, when I was messin' with PT8 and thinking about going to PT9, it was not talked about much.
There isn't. It's in the works. Mind you, when they dropped the TDM/RTAS formats for AAX (necessary for 64bit apparently), everyone starts complaining. Can't please everyone! At the moment, Logic 64bit is of limited use due to plugin developers not all being 64bit.
Old 23rd February 2012
  #30
Gear Nut
 

@smoovemode:

Solid State Logic | Music

Found this that some have had success with but Windows only....

Otherwise, looks like bouncing each track (basically making stems but they have to be the same lenght) as .wav files seems to be the way to go...midi must also be bounced as an audio track. my little research shows OMF to be hit or miss for some.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 
 
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
OSX86 / So much gear, so little time!
1
d.dot / Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production
0
Recording David / Music Computers
0
Damian Taylor / Music Computers
4
Matt Salazar / So much gear, so little time!
11

Forum Jump