The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Samplitude & Sidechain Compression
Old 8th May 2006
Gear Head

Samplitude & Sidechain Compression

Just got Samplitude 8, trying to find a way to do some subtle ducking (the whole kick ducks the bass deal). Anyone know how to do that?
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

If you go onto the user board, there have been a few threads on how to work around the fact that Samp doesn't have Sidechaining as a feature. Do a search and you should find some hints.

--Ben
Old 9th May 2006
Gear Head

Hmmm, I searched there for the terms "sidechain", "duck", and "ducking" before I posted here. Didn't get any substantial results for any of them.

There was a question about it on the unregistered user forum (or whatever it is), but no answers, tips, or techniques.

Edit: I would have posted there, instead, but apparently you have to be approved by a mod before you can post.
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Not sure why you can't post, but you don't need to be approved by a Mod... Should have come with the registration...

Anyways, do a search for "sidechaining" and make sure you don't limit your search to the past 30 days (the default), and you'll find dozens of posts including a number that offer solutions to your problems.

--Ben
Old 10th May 2006
Quote:
but apparently you have to be approved by a mod before you can post.
(voice of darth vader)I approve you.. the big mod George has approved you...

try again

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...845675#1845675
(==> its written cubase in the text.. but never mind)
Old 21st March 2013
Gear Head

It's not hard it's incredibly easy. Samplitude: Side Chain Compression - YouTube

Sequoia is amazing.
Old 21st March 2013
TNM
Lives for gear
you bumped a topic from SEVEN YEARS ago when samp has been through a ton of revisions to say sidechaining is easy? LOL of course it is easier now.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search