The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Split tool help in Sonar 3!
Old 8th May 2006
Gear Nut

Angry Split tool help in Sonar 3!

Im using Sonar 3, and every time I try to use the split tool, it won't let me split the clip where I want. Instead of splitting on the spot where I click, it'll split on the closest measure to where I click in the ruler thing above (such as 1 . . . 2 . . .) you get the idea. Does anyone know if there is a setting or something I need to change so that I can split wherever I want? I used to use ProTracks Plus, but never had this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 8th May 2006
Gear Nut

I'm not familiar with sonar per se, But it sounds like you've got the snap or quantize option activated and it's setting is to snap to the bar. Should be a button on a toolbar or a menu to deactivate the snap. Then you should be able to slice anywhere.

HTH
Travis
Old 8th May 2006
Travis is on the money.

Ironically, Sonar 3 is the only ver I haven't had since Cakewalk Pro Audio 6, but assuming it's more or less like 2 and 4...

You SHOULD find the snap button above the track control area (typically over on the left)... (but it MIGHT be with other buttons on the main button toolbar) If it's like the one in Sonar 5 (I have a nasty habit of instantly forgetting previous software versions) it's probably got a grid graphic on it -- and probably a pulldown arrow where you can set the particulars of snap.

Also, there are a number of ways to invoke a split, as well. For instance, depending on how you have things set up, you can probably perform a split by rt-clicking and selecting split at cursor (or somesuch).

If you haven't found the snap control yet, I'm guessing there are a veritable myriad (sorry, I just had to use that septasyllabic phrase) of features -- many of them of near equal importance -- that you also haven't discovered.

Sonar has a whole slug of features and some of them are really productivity enhancers. Maybe you should go through the help system, which is organized in a book-like fashion, to learn how to make use of them. It'll no doubt make your life easier and quite possibly indirectly -- or directly -- improve your work.
Old 9th May 2006
Gear Nut

I'll give that advice a go tommorow when I'm tracking. Thanks a bunch guys!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search