The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
anywhere in uk/eu i can order rackmount pc case online?
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

anywhere in uk/eu i can order rackmount pc case online?

alrighty,

well, is there anywhere in the uk/eu i can order a decent rackmount pc case online?

preferably one that can be easily tamed to be quiet.

thanks,

regards,

richie.
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubrichie
alrighty,

well, is there anywhere in the uk/eu i can order a decent rackmount pc case online?

preferably one that can be easily tamed to be quiet.

thanks,

regards,

richie.

There are several (not that I can name specific ones now), do a search on google of Yahoo.

One word of warning, I had a rack mount computer case and it was nothing but grief. Due to the construction it twisted slightly corner to opposite corner and would cause the boards to loosen frim the motherboard, it was also suprisingly heavy. I eventually changed to a Li-an aluminium case and never looked back. Rack cases are also a pain if you rack mount them from a servicing (read having a quick check inside) point of view. I can understand wanting a computer that can be racked (and flight cased) thats why I originally had one, however I have to say I'm a lot less sold on the idea now.

Regards

Roland
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

http://www.portwell.co.uk/html/chassis/4u/cal500n.htm

I ordered this one, still have to install a PC in it as my components are already 5 weeks late.

Interestingly the air intake has a 12" and 8" fan, instead of just the 12". They are noise, but I ordered some quiet (20dB) fans to install. We'll see.

Without power supply it is quite cheap, and it is (almost) exactly the same build as the two other cases I have, since '96. No issues there. This one has a better drive bay though .

It will take standard size ATX only, but it will fit in a standard -deep- flightcase.
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

there are loads of places in the UK

try

www.scan.co.uk
www.insight.com/uk
www.ebuyer.com

etc.
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

nice one, thanks guys.

regards,

richie.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search