The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bitwig Studio DAW Software
Old 3rd February 2012
Lives for gear
Apprently beta tester emails have started to go out... reposted image from another board...

Old 11th February 2012
Lives for gear

In regards some comments about Vember Audio Shortcircuit. I cant honestly recall if I purchased Shortcircuit knowing about Ver2. I do recall using the Beta Ver2 pretty soon after I bought Ver1 though. We were kept hanging on and on and eventually Claes Johanson said he wasnt going to finish the product which was a great shame becasue Ver2 was so much better than Ver1. Im not pissed about the lack of development for Ver1, it was the promise and non delivery of Ver2. I mean it was so close to finishing. You can of course still get the Ver2 but its not stable at all. I realise now why Ver2 was dropped. He had signed the rights of the Shortcircuit Ver2 concept over to Ableton - Hence Drumracks. its basically a direct result of Shortcircuit Ver2 but actually not as good though.

Claes Johanson doesnt seem to be an honourable man and I wouldnt be to sure about trusting him. He let down Shortcircuit users, then joined Ableton and it seems hes done a number on them. I have no love for Ableton but if I owned that company I would be taking Claes Johanson to court for intellectual property theft. Think about it folks. Do you really think his actions are that of an honourable bloke. I will of course try the software but its unlikely I will buy it, not for the reason above but Im pretty much done with the clip based software after thing Live for ten years.
Old 20th February 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiGhost View Post
Apprently beta tester emails have started to go out... reposted image from another board...

damn, wish I had gotten one I signed up like half an hour after it was announced
Old 29th February 2012
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
damn, wish I had gotten one I signed up like half an hour after it was announced
nope. that email was a fake by one of the KVR forum members. he let it get pretty out of hand before he confessed, and eventually, that whole bitwig thread was locked. nothing of lasting value, and certainly no actual updates on the beta rollout.

don't believe everything you read on the internet, heh.
Old 29th February 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmorph View Post
nope. that email was a fake by one of the KVR forum members. he let it get pretty out of hand before he confessed, and eventually, that whole bitwig thread was locked. nothing of lasting value, and certainly no actual updates on the beta rollout.

don't believe everything you read on the internet, heh.
hah, son of a bitch
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear
Lol that was funny!
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear Head

heh, very good. not sure if i'd take the morphine or the beta if i had to choose.
Old 9th March 2012
Hobbs_Won
I'm PRAYING I get an invite!!!
Old 21st June 2012
Lives for gear

Nearly 6 months later, they're ready!... to, er... start beta testing.

I wonder if we'll see a release this year.
Old 21st June 2012
Gear Maniac

Hey bitwig team.Can you inform us what kind of swing/groove functions the DAW has?
Old 21st June 2012
Gear Addict

Old 22nd June 2012
damn, Bitwig's already doing beta testing?! Ableton is seriously slacking..
Old 24th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmicide View Post
damn, Bitwig's already doing beta testing?! Ableton is seriously slacking..
YUP ~

Bitwig Studio will be out before Live 9, and will also convert many Live 8 users to Bitwig Studio.

Good Luck to Ableton
Old 28th June 2012
Lives for gear

I signed up for the Beta. I am a hardcore Live user, but Bitwig's work flow seems so similar that I bet that a user could switch and only be down a day or two figuring out Bitwig.

"How shall I say? Relieved and at the same time . . . (he searches for the word) . . . appalled." - Waiting for Godot
Old 6th July 2012
Lives for gear

Intrigued by this one.
Is "bitwig" another name for dither?
Old 7th July 2012
Lives for gear

I hear tumbleweed
Old 18th July 2012
Lives for gear
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

bump for status on beta test ?
Old 11th January 2013
Gear Nut

It will be good to have more choice
I use ableton alot and like it
cheers
Old 23rd December 2013
Bitwig 1.0

about time.

From an email:

Greetings from the Bitwig Headquarters! We hope you've had a sensational 2013 and would like to take the opportunity to wish you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!
We're currently approaching the last beta phase stages for our upcoming Bitwig Studio and want to send out a big thank you to all who helped with beta testing, sent in wishes and suggestions, or otherwise helped to improve and shape what we're working on.
It has been amazing to see so many people from all parts of the world and so many different walks of life contributing to bringing a new music-creation tool to life. We couldn’t be more thankful for the sheer amount of anticipation and interest we have experienced in the past 12 months! That said, our thanks also go out to those who have silently kept their fingers crossed for us while eagerly awaiting the Bitwig Studio 1.0 release.
If you have been following our project for some time now, you might already know that we originally planned to ship Bitwig Studio before the end of this year. Alas, we won't make it and would like to apologize for having to shift this time frame now to the beginning of 2014.
However, the wait is nearly over: We will kick it up a notch again after the holidays and are looking forward to attending NAMM in January, where we will announce the upcoming release date and pricing information for Bitwig Studio 1.0!
Old 23rd December 2013
Gear Addict

Yes yes yes! I'm very curious, i hope i can afford it. And best of all it works on linux. If i can afford it, i'm going to have a great time on linux distro Elementary OS.
Old 23rd December 2013
Gear interested

Finally! Can't wait to try it out.
Old 23rd December 2013
Lives for gear

Hi,

Thanks for posting the email. It was about time they made an official statement regarding the status of Bitwig Studio. and expected release date.

So.... I'm guessing a late Jan.(After Winter NAMM 2014), or an early Feb. official release of Bitwig Studio 1.0 will finally happen !

Looking forward to become a Bitwig Studio user early next year.

Happy Holidays & New Year to all,

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Old 23rd December 2013
Gear nut

Old 23rd December 2013
Gear Addict
Nice very interesting!
Old 24th December 2013
Gear maniac

i'm interested to give it a look at NAMM though i'm not in the market for new software. the cool thing is, if they come up with some new amazing features, ableton will likely adopt it in a future release. that's what PT, DP and logic did for ages. no one's really given ableton a run for their money...it'll kick those Live folks into high gear. (hopefully)
Old 24th December 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugworth View Post
i'm interested to give it a look at NAMM though i'm not in the market for new software. the cool thing is, if they come up with some new amazing features, ableton will likely adopt it in a future release. that's what PT, DP and logic did for ages. no one's really given ableton a run for their money...it'll kick those Live folks into high gear. (hopefully)
They do have very nice features, like controller hacking and more. And one important thing is that they do support Linux. If i can make my music with bitwig, it's goodbye windows.

And about run for the money, i think Bitwig is a step ahead in some features, because sometimes it's also depending how the software is written, sometimes it's not easy to completely change things. (so far i know things about it)

But anyway the more competition the better, and as i mentioned, for the linux folks it's really great!
Old 24th December 2013
Lives for gear
Bitwig and IK should go into a partnership

(Just joking of course.... or am I? dunnn dun dunnnnnnnnnnn)
Old 24th December 2013
Lives for gear

^ No IK.... That being said I hope Bitwig lives up to its expectations so I can sell my copy of Ableton.
Old 24th December 2013
Lives for gear

I'm personally dying for its release. I'm hoping for tight timing - the way you can slice audio to midi on the same track and the histogram looks incredible as does the daw wide modulation system (like fxpansions on super steroids).
The features are there no doubt - let's just hope its stable and tight.
I literally talked to a mate today about getting an Atari st (c'mon we seem to be going backwards as far as integration goes - I mean if its not possible in the daw what are we bothering with them for?)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search