The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Just Purchased BFD Eco! BFD vs Superior Opinions?
Old 8th February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
even your example has too much "body" to me. That's just a preferential thing, not saying your sample is bad.
If you want less body - just lower the direct Ride mic in the Mixer and use more of the Ride in the OH's.

You can't focus on the factory sounds... BFD2 comes with 10 kits, Superior with 1 kit... and we offer lots of expansion kits for BFD recorded by great engineers (Joe Barresi, Andy Johns, Jim Scott) and played by great drummers (Steve Ferrone, Chad Smith, Bobby Jarzombek). Zildjian offers their complete collection of master cymbals from their vault for BFD2... the FXpansion sounds are only a small fraction of what's available. Sonic Reality is also about to release a bunch of Ken Scott kits for BFD2.

Drum sounds are very subjective though... what can sound like trash to one person could be the greatest drum sound in the world to someone else... if it works in their track.

Cheers,

Rail
Old 8th February 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumSamples View Post
Drum sounds are very subjective though... what can sound like trash to one person could be the greatest drum sound in the world to someone else... if it works in their track.

Cheers,

Rail
Certainly, which is why I said repeatedly the rides weren't "too my tastes/preference". Hell, don't feel bad. I don't prefer most Superior stuff here either. Mixosaurus is the penultimate drum library too me. ;-)
Old 8th February 2012
I would never enable something like round-robin/anti-machine gun. I'm playing the drums and it's my responsibility to mix it up on duration/velocity on every hit, as appropriate for the piece. What I do, on the ZenDrum, is map separate pads on each side for things like snare, hihat, and toms. So if I do multiple hits in a row on the snare, I'm using alternating hands, as I would playing a real one, providing natural variation in the same way it does for a real player.
Old 9th February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Mixosaurus is the penultimate drum library too me. ;-)
So what's the ultimate?
Old 9th February 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
So what's the ultimate?
A real drummer. heh
Old 14th May 2012
Gear Addict

A real drummer using a DTX950 with BFD2 or Superior drummer . Both are great . BFD2 ready to tweak / SD2 ready to go . I own -
Superior Drummer 2 with SDX Metal Foundry & SDX Evil Drums .
BFD2 64 bit with BFD Deluxe .
Battery 3 .
NI Studio Drummer .
Abbey Roads 60's kit .
Old 2nd July 2012
Heads up...

If you buy BFD Eco during July and August it's on sale for $49 and you also get a free download of our Rock Legends QuickPack (a $59.99 value).

FXpansion - Home

Platinum Samples - Rock Legends QuickPack Sample Library

If you own BFD2 this is a great way to get Rock Legends for less.

Rail
📝 Reply