The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 problem, help me out?
Old 22nd February 2014
Here for the gear

Thank you Dave. Unfortunately I returned the 6i6 because I only had a few days left on the return policy. Seems to be a USB issue, which is a shame because I think the unit sounds excellent. As a consumer I would prefer not to deal with Chipsets and beta drivers and whatnot. I want to plug it in and it to work. My Fast Track Pro worked and the Stienberg UR44 I picked up, in exchage for the a 6i6, works. Wish I had the same luck with the Scarlett 6i6 because it was a beautiful unit with great sound. My 2i2 works great on my Win8 laptop though. So thats a plus.
Old 8th March 2014
Here for the gear

Big problem

I was making recordings with my 2i2, when i connected a normal microphone in the focusrite input 2 with phantom turned on ... A well pitched noise started to sound in all system and the 2i2 stopped issuing sound and capture ...
What can this be?
Old 20th March 2014
Gear Head

Hi pedrokebbe

If you're having issues, please get in touch and we can help you resolve these.

Contact | Focusrite

Best,
Old 5th November 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearn View Post
I have a focusrite scarlette 2i2 running on windows xp, I'v read others have had the same issues when playing youtube videos etc after a while the sound slows right down and stutters, so I have to switch interface on and off, it's really annoying. Does anyone have a link to the latest driver and also how I go about installing it?? Much appreciated any help!!!
I've was forced to make an account, because I realy need help.The only one who mentioned the same problem as mine is Fearn.
So far no one gave the answer, not even felles from Focusrite.
I've tried to search trought google, but it was in vain.
When my PC is in Sleep mode, and than I turn it on, the sound is dead distorded,
and videos on youtube are in slow mo.
I've tried reinstalling drivers but it was also in vain.
I even tried reinstalling drivers, that moment when I turned on the pc from sleep mode and it didnt work.I have to switch off my monitors first, and then unplug the usb and put it back in.And it works normaly.I am so close to get frustrated.Its almost brand new, i've boath it 2 months ago.
Im using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.
HELP!
Old 5th November 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards Gearbox View Post
I've was forced to make an account, because I realy need help.The only one who mentioned the same problem as mine is Fearn.
When my PC is in Sleep mode, and than I turn it on, the sound is dead distorded,
I even tried reinstalling drivers, that moment when I turned on the pc from sleep mode and it didnt work.I have to switch off my monitors first, and then unplug the usb and put it back in.And it works normaly.I am so close to get frustrated.Its almost brand new, i've boath it 2 months ago.
HELP!
I had similar issues with the 6i6 and started to re-pack the damn thing when the folk at focusrite suggested I tried the latest beta drivers. So far it has been rock solid for a few weeks now.

Sorry I don't have a link , but if you ask focusrite if you may try the beta, hopefully it may work for you too.
Old 5th November 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards Gearbox View Post
HELP!
Sounds like you only ever go into sleep mode instead of rebooting your computer. Try rebooting to clear your RAM tables. Also, have you ever optimized your machine for audio?
Old 5th November 2014
Gear Maniac
I'm using a 2i2 with the latest drivers. Love this little unit. HOWEVER! It took a little fiddling (remember: drivers, drivers, drivers with this one! Previous ones were.... yeah, they were bad. Latest drivers appear ROCK solid).

I've left it plugged in to my Win7-64 rig for well over 3 weeks now with no reboot, and I'm still whipping off perfect-sounding auditions. My next step is to make it work with a little Linux box. It doesn't wanna play nice with Mint 8 right out of the box, but that's a bit antiquated. I'm going to see what it'll do under Mint 12 Olivia. Someone left a thread on it... I think HERE: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 working flawlessly on Ubuntu with JACK | dragly

Either way, I've found it to be a charming and useful little box.

Side Note: We work with cross-platformers here, and because we get Linux, Mac AND PC, we tend to use Audacity so we can swap exported EQ files easily. I haven't used this with much other software besides, but at a device-to-system-to-driver-to-software level, it's solid here.
Old 7th January 2015
Here for the gear

I was looking to check reviews of 2i2, seeing as I have had one since soon after it was released. 3 years? 4?

I have nothing but praise for it. Works beautifully and always has. And still looks great, fwiw.

I rate it as about the best £120 I have ever spent.

I was after as good as I could get on a budget - to pursue music production. I wanted it to be reliable and I really needed it to work, and work far better than what I had (Creative/ASUS).

It does. And has done for a few years as a workhorse recording/playing device. It has far exceeded my expectations. [Ha! No, I'm not paid to say it, I am just impressed. Very few products delight me but the 2i2 has.) I like quality over quantity, but I am a Bang-for-Bucks kinda guy......and I think I hit the bulls-eye with 2i2.

After hearing my 2i2 a friend bought a shiny new 8i8, or whatever. He's a far more accomplished musician than I, and he loves it. Especially the Pre's.
------

I have come across two of the problems mentioned. But they are easily solved:

1) 24 bit/16bit?

There is a simple solution to getting 24bit audio output in Windows - use an ASIO driver for your audio-player. XMPlayer and Winamp have ASIO plugins. (XMPlayer seems a far better implementation)

2) Issues with resuming from sleep....... are issues resuming from sleep. Just disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to/from 2i2 if there any issues.

Fixes it every time for me.

Last edited by Plucking; 7th January 2015 at 01:46 AM.. Reason: Spelling Duh!
Old 9th July 2015
same problem here....
i brought my workstation to my home to do some editing using a focusrite 2i2,...
seems as if there is no chance make it work,...
i run Windows 7 with Pro Tools 10.

i can setup the session,...as soon as i push play i get the message that i have to check if the sample rate is correct,...

when i close pro tools and open cubase 7 everything works just fine.

the other thing is,....i closed pro tools,....restarted it,...and always gt the message that i did some changes in the asio settings so pro tools must be restarted so that the changes become active,

i could do this forever because it always pops up after a restart.
Old 9th July 2015
Gear Maniac

Hi tape_attack!!!,

Seems that you are having issues with the Sample Rate not matching between Pro Tools and the Windows Sound settings. You can overcome this by taking the following steps:

- Just down Pro Tools.

- Navigate to Control Panel > Sound > Playback > Right click on Scarlett 2i2 > Properties > Advanced. Under Default Format change the Sample Rate to that of Pro Tools. Press Apply and then OK.

- Navigate to Control Panel > Sound > Record > Right click on Scarlett 2i2 > Properties > Advanced. Under Default Format change the Sample Rate to that of Pro Tools. Press Apply and then OK.

Once this is done please launch Pro Tools you should now be able to get playback. Should you need further assistance please do not hesistate reaching out to us: Contact | Focusrite

All the best.
Old 30th August 2020
Here for the gear

Hi Louie/all

this seems a different issue than the one I just stumbled upon, which is described and "solved" here:
FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2i2 no audio problem!

But both look like a sign that something in the sample rate domain could be further looked into at Focusrite, if I may suggest.

Other than that, and perhaps a little more headroom I'd have liked in the preamps for use with quiet mikes, very nice little box for a more than decent basic setup!
📝 Reply