The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
8 KOMPLETE reasons why I don’t need komplete 8 and you shouldn’t either!
Old 26th March 2012
Gear Head

I brought Komplete 8 a few months ago

Can't believe what great value for money it is and is one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Full versions of

Reaktor 5
Reaktor Prism
Reaktor Spark
The Finger
Massive
Absynth 5
FM8
Reflektor
Kontakt 5
Vintage Organs Studio drummer
Guitar rig 5
MM Bass
Retro Machines
Battery 3
West Africa

and I haven't even included all the various included piano packages

All this for £399.
Old 26th March 2012
Lives for gear

I'm getting Maschine, some of the points are valid but seriously the crossgrade price is incredible. I've demoed their products before and I dig them. To me the more you have the better. I have about 500 GB in loops and samples, yes its a lot but damn do I love having options. I never feel lost, I don't have a controller so I use loops a lot but I am really looking forward to using the samples as well now that I am getting Maschine and the MPK Mini. Plus ill have Komplete 8, combined with U-He products, and more... and for what... Rap. All of those just to make instrumentals to rap over. I love options.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Gearslutz App
Old 27th March 2012
Hey if after buying the Komplete bundle you found out you only need four sounds and 5 kits I guess it was worth it, now you know you don't need it and you might as well sell it

Some people need a million options, other just 4 sounds. Nothing wrong with either.
Old 28th March 2012
Gear Addict

Funny that. What would the 5 kits be? How do you make symphonic mockups, or work in post sound design in Maschine? Komplete ultimate is huge, but I find very little wrong with it. Very few of the tools are top of the class, imo, but still very good. No other package tries to embrace so many tools across so many genres. Kontakt and Reaktor is top of their classes(again imo), and are worth the price alone. My only grip with NI is Kore. Why they left that platform for Maschine, is something I havent figured out.

I take this a bad attempt at trolling.
Old 28th March 2012
Lives for gear
K8u is the best thing going

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz App
Old 28th March 2012
Gear Nut

I'll give one reason - no B4 64bit support, wtf?
Old 28th March 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Komplete is awesome. Sure I get don't use 3/4 the sounds in their, but if all you doing is sampling and chopping and using the included patches then yeah its a bit much. However, you get FM8, Massive, Kontakt, Reaktor, and Absynth, which are the real value imo. If you are making electronic music Massive and Reaktor alone are worth the upgrade price.
Old 28th March 2012
Lives for gear

8 Complete reasons I don't need X and you shouldn't either
(Replace X with any kind of noun or object)

8. Because I'm a cheapskate
7. Because I don't understand it so you don't either
6. Because I just don't like it
5. Because I don't own it and you should not either
4. Because I don't have the energy to get it
3. Because I don't know how to get it
2. Because it is not exactly to my specifications
1. Because my ego thinking rules the world
Old 10th May 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

sorry for such late notice but this post bugs the hell out of me...
why is everyone so negative about this post?

I think his argument is correct but not for the reasons stated.

I KNOW that Reason can do ANYTHING komplete can. (besides fm8 of course) but with a combi and and properly rewired thor. you can get some interesting results..
Old 10th May 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlowerPeople View Post
sorry for such late notice but this post bugs the hell out of me...
why is everyone so negative about this post?

I think his argument is correct but not for the reasons stated.

I KNOW that Reason can do ANYTHING komplete can. (besides fm8 of course) but with a combi and and properly rewired thor. you can get some interesting results..
If you think Reason can do anything Komplete can, then you don't understand Komplete let alone Reaktor which is just part of Komplete.

As for the original poster, his record shows posting in the NI forum with this same title and topic, then watching the flames. Apparently he didn't get enough replies so he copied the post here.

And the OP has not been active since last November so perhaps he has lost interest or decided to reinvent himself.
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear
Komplete is superior to reasons!

Granted you can make great music with both,there just tools.but komplete is of higher quality and has been expanded tremendously.

Reason was better ten years ago though!

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz App
Old 6th October 2012
Here for the gear

I don't think the post is bad like everyone deems it. It's just not professional so it can't be taken serious. It's bias, emotional and even demeaning to those that use the product. I write reviews and opinion peices myself. Firstly there is always gray, nothing is black and white. When you generalize you show a level of ignorance in a subject matter. This is why you have another company rep (east west) replying because your statements disrespect a proud profession and industry. For every opinion you have to substantiate with a detailed fact. While there are plenty of reasons not to buy NI products/upgrades you sir have listed zero.

"Most producers only use five drum kits." In the world of music which is an art form before became a monetized service industry. Since when is it acceptable to validate your creativity based solely on what someone uses? Deduce how and why they use certain items then continue to discover more possibilities as they did.
Old 6th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Personally one can never have too many different sounds and in the scheme of things Komplete is one hell of a value for the money.

For someone starting out, I would use the stock sounds that come with the various DAW programs like Sonar, Cubase and so forth to begin with. Learn how it all works together, how to properly layer sounds, modify, tweak and create music. As you continue to expand your skills you can then invest in something like Komplete at which point the sky's the limit as to what can be done creatively.

For a noob to purchase Komplete right off the bat might be a mistake because he/she will likely be overwhelmed which will lead to discouragement and frustration.

It's kind of like buying an entire studio worth of gear at once vs learning to use the gear you already have and then expanding as needed.
Old 7th October 2012
Here for the gear

Hi, im new here but i wanted to ask if anybody knows how to set this to an ending:
I´ve bought a NI bundle with Maschine and Komplete 8 in may this year. I have never experienced such a bad customer service in my whole life. I got the bundle, the Maschine was pretty much ok, but the hard drive for Komplete was broken. The USB connectin was flying around loose in the case, so i sent it back to Gigasonic Sales/Ampaq/California (Leave your hand off them, they will take your money and not care at all to give you sh**t back). I´ve been waiting over 4 months now. I called in and wrote them so many times without any solution at all. I contacted NI and they didn´t even answer me after too many mails. The result is: i´m still sitting on my fu**ed up hard drive, they got my money and this is it.
Old 7th October 2012
Gear Addict

Interesting topic, cuz I'm still rocking version 5 and I STILL haven't gotten as deep into it as I think I should be LOL
Old 7th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

If less is more just think how much more more would be.
Old 12th March 2013 | Show parent
Reason 9... er, 10 - Because I now need Komplete 9
Old 12th March 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

This must be "resurrect old threads" week- the zombie apocalypse cannot be far off (start dub step background music)
Old 15th March 2013
Gear Addict

Hm... I purchased Komplete 8 because I was fed up with the incompatibility of some sampled Instruments I needed for my work, which forced me to get in touch with Kontakt, cause I didn`t want to mess around with converting or "painting" wav files into my DAW.

Because Komplete was not much more expensive, I did buy the bundle.

And I am totally satisfied. Of course I don`t use all the stuff that comes with it, but some of the stuff I experienced is already worth the money. I will use this version of Komplete for the next 5-10 years. I wont upgrade my DAW hardware, I won`t upgrade my OS (been working with winXP until last year), maybe I upgrade my version of reaper.

Of course, I do understand the thread starter`s opinion. Sometimes it is good - especially when you are an artist who tries to communicate a stable kind of identity, and bound to your main project - that you pick some elements and have your setup, and that`s it. Some people get confused when they have tons of drum kits, and 50 guitar Amps, and 20 Kompressors etc.

But imagine those kind of artists, who are working for the film industry for example, or computer games, or maybe doing music for commercial ads. Or work as producers for people from different genres. Their kind of work is not only related to the use of a Roland 909 when a drum sound is needed. So in this case, the Bundle makes quite sense.

And of course there are a lot of Slutz out there for shopping who are not going to wear the shoes they bought
Old 15th March 2013 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Reason 9... er, 10 - Because I now need Komplete 9
right there with you

saving up for the summer sale!
Old 15th March 2013
Eat
Lives for gear

I decided it was finally worthwhile to upgrade my K6 to K9 which is 149 bucks. So, I'm sittin' on the can earlier and decided to peruse a musicians friend mail catalog while in the process of launching a torpedo.

I noticed a 15% coupon for anything over $49, which was much better than what their recent email offers.

So I figured I try and use it for K9 upgrade as the K9 products just showed on their website. I expected K9 to be one of the non participating items... but... coupon worked.
Yesssssss! Now I can use the extra 25 bucks to pay for my Pomeranian's transgender operation over in thailand!
📝 Reply