The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alchemy Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 5th October 2011
Gear interested

Alchemy

Hello there!

Is there any othermaybe you can help me: synthesizer/samplker out there, that works on the basis of samples and has the same flexibility with samples like a synthesizer? kind of like Alchemy by Camel Audio.

basically i want to work with samples the same complex way i work with a synthesizer.

thanks everybody!
Old 5th October 2011
Lives for gear

Maybe Omnisphere by Spectrasonics
Old 6th October 2011
Lives for gear

Roland V-Synth - or to a lesser degree, Nord Wave.
Old 6th October 2011
Gear nut

Reaktor has ensembles that rivals the granular processing engine of alchemy.
Old 6th October 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by felyx View Post
Hello there!

Is there any othermaybe you can help me: synthesizer/samplker out there, that works on the basis of samples and has the same flexibility with samples like a synthesizer? kind of like Alchemy by Camel Audio.

basically i want to work with samples the same complex way i work with a synthesizer.

thanks everybody!
You won't find anything cheaper than Alchemy with the same kind of capabilities. Omnisphere costs twice as much.
Old 6th October 2011
Lives for gear

Why not just use Alchemy? Omnisphere is awesome, but it doesn't let you load your own samples, so it's not really a replacement for Alchemy.
Old 6th October 2011
Lives for gear

It's too bad it doesn't.
Old 9th October 2011
Gear interested

thank you for your ideas.
considering that electronic music has its roots partially in sampling (Vladimir Ussachevsky's stuff in teh 50s) i am pretty amazed that today samples dont really play a leading role in the sound synthesis and transformation today.
Old 10th October 2011
Lives for gear

I like Imagineline Harmor more than Alchemy for this purpose - give the demo a try

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search