The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is there any library for this kind of voices? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Addict

Is there any library for this kind of voices?

Little Big Planet 2 -- Victoria's Lab (Winifred Phillips) - YouTube

check second 59... this is a kind of mix between Take 6 (from Kurzweil keyboards) and Requiem Pro or something like that...

thanks!!
Old 19th September 2011
Aec
Gear Nut

Voxos for the legatos, definitely, a bit pricey though.
For the words I'm not sure, I wan't to say Forgotten Voices, but I'm not 100%.
Check out the Sonokinetic libraries they might have something, they always have the greatest miscellaneous libraries.
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear

Those voices were not recorded with any sample library - they are live vocals. Could be very difficult to reproduce that sound.
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Addict

it would be great to have a library to record that kind of stuff...

thanks!
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aec View Post
Voxos for the legatos, definitely, a bit pricey though.
For the words I'm not sure, I wan't to say Forgotten Voices, but I'm not 100%.
Check out the Sonokinetic libraries they might have something, they always have the greatest miscellaneous libraries.
Hi thanks!, for choirs and solo vocals I have Requiem Pro and EWQl Symphonic Choirs, I am looking for the voices "dah" "doh" dari rah", I dont know, stuffs like that... I have the library Take 6 for my Kurzweil k2661 and it is the closer thing I have known.

ps: thanks for recommending Sonokinetic, I have not found what I am looking for, but I didnt know that company and I am now exploring their website... nice products.

cheers!
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

I don't understand these people. At least in Europe there is an overabundance of pretty girls with voices like these, completely devoid of personality, and eager to make it into the business. It's the best chatting up opportunity many home producers would get in ages and they're not taking advantage of it...
Just go online, place some adverts, and a pretty girl will come to your house and make pretty noises for free. And smile a lot, most often ; )
Or you can spend money in a piece of software that's not going to sound as nice.
Old 20th September 2011
Omnisphere has a pretty extensive library in that direction
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortingJack View Post
I don't understand these people. At least in Europe there is an overabundance of pretty girls with voices like these, completely devoid of personality, and eager to make it into the business. It's the best chatting up opportunity many home producers would get in ages and they're not taking advantage of it...
Just go online, place some adverts, and a pretty girl will come to your house and make pretty noises for free. And smile a lot, most often ; )
Or you can spend money in a piece of software that's not going to sound as nice.
Well, I will try to help you to understand.

I am not a pro musician, I am a musician that have my computer in my home and I like to compose music. I even do not have microphones, etc, so it would be great to me to have this kind of sounds in libraries. That is the reason why I love to have Requiem Pro and Symphonic Choirs instead of seeing how pro musicians have the money or the resources to make a big recording while I just can try to make music with the sounds of keyboards (romplers) with a low quality sound compared with some GIGA libraries that exist in the market (also it is more comfortable for me to have my own rhythm in the recording/compositional process instead of coordinating some visits, etc.).

That is the reason why mate.

Of course, nothing is compared with the real thing and of course it is appreciated if they are pretty (and sexy) girls , but I cannot afford that in my home studio and I realised that libraries is all I need

cheers!
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli P View Post
Omnisphere has a pretty extensive library in that direction
I will check that for sure... I hope to find some demos out there.

thanks!
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by donethur View Post
Well, I will try to help you to understand.

I am not a pro musician, I am a musician that have my computer in my home and I like to compose music. I even do not have microphones, etc, so it would be great to me to have this kind of sounds in libraries. That is the reason why I love to have Requiem Pro and Symphonic Choirs instead of seeing how pro musicians have the money or the resources to make a big recording while I just can try to make music with the sounds of keyboards (romplers) with a low quality sound compared with some GIGA libraries that exist in the market (also it is more comfortable for me to have my own rhythm in the recording/compositional process instead of coordinating some visits, etc.).

That is the reason why mate.

Of course, nothing is compared with the real thing and of course it is appreciated if they are pretty (and sexy) girls , but I cannot afford that in my home studio and I realised that libraries is all I need

cheers!
Well, I will try to help you understand.

You don't need to be a pro musician to spend money or time in music. You seem to be spending plenty of both.
You know libraries are not cutting it. You know the way to get this sound is to get a living, breathing girl in your home.
You are making the choice of not having microphones and spending hundreds of pounds in expensive sound libraries which you can only run in expensive computers. Even if you're (*GASP*) stealing them, you're spending time and money in your music.
What I'm saying is that that choice feels easy but it's actually very counterproductive.
For the price of an expensive library and a cup of tea, what I am saying is that you can get a microphone and a cable (I will assume you have a sound interface of some sort) and get a girl to record for free.

I think many people do this because they are lacking perspective.
I was humbled by my once girlfriend a couple of years ago. She and her friend (both pretty girls hanging out at a Paris flat) would record on an iBook G4 12 inch in GarageBand with the built-in microphone to some canned beats.
They showed me what they did, and I was absolutely floored.
With just the standard Garageband reverb and the crappiest microphone in existence, the vocals sounded humongous. There was distortion everywhere because they had no effing clue of what they were doing, but the actual sound was just temendous.
Any decent microphone with good technique and a decent room (or a good dynamic mic so you don't pick up any room sound) will do the job, and that's what many Gearslutz don't realise.
For £200 and an advert on Gumtree you can get so much better than a library.
Use a crap library to compose and then bring the girl in to record. So much more rewarding, so much better sounding, so much more distinctive, and so much sexier, than any "solo vocal" library.
Even for "non-pro musicians". Really.
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortingJack View Post
Well, I will try to help you understand.

You don't need to be a pro musician to spend money or time in music. You seem to be spending plenty of both.
You know libraries are not cutting it. You know the way to get this sound is to get a living, breathing girl in your home.
You are making the choice of not having microphones and spending hundreds of pounds in expensive sound libraries which you can only run in expensive computers. Even if you're (*GASP*) stealing them, you're spending time and money in your music.
What I'm saying is that that choice feels easy but it's actually very counterproductive.
For the price of an expensive library and a cup of tea, what I am saying is that you can get a microphone and a cable (I will assume you have a sound interface of some sort) and get a girl to record for free.

I think many people do this because they are lacking perspective.
I was humbled by my once girlfriend a couple of years ago. She and her friend (both pretty girls hanging out at a Paris flat) would record on an iBook G4 12 inch in GarageBand with the built-in microphone to some canned beats.
They showed me what they did, and I was absolutely floored.
With just the standard Garageband reverb and the crappiest microphone in existence, the vocals sounded humongous. There was distortion everywhere because they had no effing clue of what they were doing, but the actual sound was just temendous.
Any decent microphone with good technique and a decent room (or a good dynamic mic so you don't pick up any room sound) will do the job, and that's what many Gearslutz don't realise.
For £200 and an advert on Gumtree you can get so much better than a library.
Use a crap library to compose and then bring the girl in to record. So much more rewarding, so much better sounding, so much more distinctive, and so much sexier, than any "solo vocal" library.
Even for "non-pro musicians". Really.
I dont know how to record with microphones (never tried) and with the amount of libraries out there to me is not necessary, plus, no matter how much a library cost, I can have it forever and i can record a sweet voice at any time, even 2 AM if I want, so, that is a big point to consider. Also it is more inspiring to me to have a good sound out of the box to analyze the final result in the momment I am creating the music (regarding the money, maybe it is cheap to record with 1 girl for free, but 1 entire orchestra or a big choirs is different, that is what I meaned).

I appreciate your advise and you are right probably in all your speech, but I am happy and comfortable using libraries... different needs and customers, that is all. I think we need to work in the way we feel more comfortable, isnt it?

cheers!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search