The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 9 Reason 4 ReWire Issue DAW Software
Old 18th September 2011
Here for the gear
Logic 9 Reason 4 ReWire Issue

Here are my specs

Logic 9.1.5 (32-bit)
Reason 4.0.1

MacBookPro4, Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB
OS X 10.5.8

I upgraded to Logic 9 a while back and everything was working fine until one day, I opened my old Logic Projects (saved via Logic8), and all my Rewire channel strip assignment information somehow didn't translate.

For example, where my aux in channel strip should be a stereo track with an input of "RW 9-10", Logic now assigns it to a mono bus 59.
The same thing happens with every rewire channel strip.
They become mono bus inputs.
Also, Logic will not let me create stereo aux inputs via rewire, i get an error message saying " No tracks could be created! "
Any suggestions on how to problem solve?
I am at a loss and frustrated.

I have updated quicktime, logic, and reason, all to the most current versions. Problem persists whether I run Logic with built-in core audio, my motu 828mkII, or my saffire pro24.
arggghhhh
please help!
anybody seen this before?
thanks.
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear
Figured it out,
If this ever happens to you, just delete your user preferences.
This will not affect your song files.

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
Press the Go button.
Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.
If you have upgraded from Logic Pro 7, you may also need to remove ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search