The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apogee ensemble routing question Digital Converters
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Nut

Apogee ensemble routing question

I running logic with an Ensemble. I'm trying to run my stereo mix through an out board stero compressor then back into logic to record mix. The compressor has XLR and 1/4 in. inputs. I have my monitors going out of inouts 1 and 2. What is the best way to route this.
Old 18th September 2011
Send it out to 3/4 and then patch the comp back into open channels on the Ensemble.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Nut

I tried that. I keep getting feedback. I'm obviously doing something wrong within Maestro.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Nut

Ok, reconfigured the Maestro by switched the mixer settings. To Hardware is now outputs 3/4. To software is analog 1/2. Only problem is I cannot monitor what the compressor is doing since switching the output of my mix recording track in Logic to outputs 1/2 (which are my speaker outputs) will result in hearing both signals at the same time.

I use to use an old school Yamaha O2R to do all my summing, but since I got the Apogee I wanted to get those 15 year old 20bit converters out of the loop. However I find my routing very limited now. I think my speakers sound better coming through the Apogee conversion and I don't have to have use the 20bit conversion of the O2R going to my outboard compressor. I also used a cheap Ultramatch Pro converter to A/D from the Compressor to my DAW.

I think just using the Apogee is going to help my sound greatly, but feel limited with routing options.
Old 22nd September 2011
Gear Nut

How do I get 8 tracks of light pipe out of the Ensemble?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search