The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase Quick Controls VSTi CC conflicts.
Old 18th September 2011
Here for the gear

Cubase Quick Controls VSTi CC conflicts.

Hey guys!

When I map quick controls on an instrument track in Cubase, it sometimes happen that the CC of the knob on my controller already tweaks a parameter in the Vsti by default, so that the then mapped quick control parameter conflicts with the default paramater for that CC. The result is that one knob in effect controls two paramaters at once.

Any workarounds for this? I guess i could change the CC's of the eight knobs on my controller with a template editor, but it's kind of a hassle, and is bound to cause problems at some point anyway. Is there a way to make quick controls "override" knob movements on Vsti's or something?

I've been using Cubase for many years, just haven't really used Quick Controls until now :-)

Thanks!
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear

Anyone?
Old 7th May 2015
Here for the gear

Cubase Preferences->MIDI->Filter and under Thru check Controller. If you dont want the cc's recorded, check Controller under Record.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search