The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
OCZ PCIe 1TB SSD Drive Condenser Microphones
Old 17th September 2011
MediaMix
OCZ PCIe 1TB SSD Drive

Anyone using one? Just came across this. I find it very interesting. A PCIe SSD drive. It plugs directly into your PCIe slot. SATA is no longer needed.

OCZ Z-Drive p84 PCI-Express SSD *EOL - OCZ
Old 18th September 2011
Old news. They already had their revo-drive. Waste of a PCIe slot, if you ask me.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

I see people talking about them and I think that it is a cool idea if you have enough slots or if they have a way to multiplex. I'm just not ready to trust SSD quite yet. (and I don't have enough slots.)
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Plus they only work on PC. Better off using a Sata3 version, a lot cheaper as well. They're probably the future though. No more Sata only PCIe?
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
Old news. They already had their revo-drive. Waste of a PCIe slot, if you ask me.
Why do you consider them a waste of a PCIe slot? If the slot is available and the funds too, who wouldn't want a 2 TB disk with 1400 MB/s of read and write speed? If I win the lottery I would certainly give it a try! :-D

Alistair
Old 18th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
Why do you consider them a waste of a PCIe slot? If the slot is available and the funds too, who wouldn't want a 2 TB disk with 1400 MB/s of read and write speed? If I win the lottery I would certainly give it a try! :-D

Alistair
Because all my PCIe slots are full... heh
No serious, for HD video they make sense, if you have slots available. For all other uses, you rarely need it and can do the same thing with a SATA 6GB SSD. Cheaper, more compact, easier to transfer if needed.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
Because all my PCIe slots are full... heh
Heh. :-)

Quote:
No serious, for HD video they make sense, if you have slots available. For all other uses, you rarely need it and can do the same thing with a SATA 6GB SSD. Cheaper, more compact, easier to transfer if needed.
Who is talking about need? ;-) But still, these cards are significantly faster than SATA SSDs so for anyone that needs/wants the speed I don't think anything beats it.

I think it would make a great boot disk. :-D Add another one for work storage and

Alistair

Alistair
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear

i want to install anew motherboard w/ 6 slots. it got sata6 connectors i would use for recording
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search