The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NI Komplete 8 Installation Disc faulty, please help me Other Controllers
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Nut

NI Komplete 8 Installation Disc faulty, please help me

hi slutz

my NI Komplete 8 Installation Disc seems to be faulty. On my macbook, I had problems to read the DVD. Also to read the "Komplete 8 Installer Mac.mpkg" from an IMac DVD-drive and copy it to use this file on my Macbook didn't work. It allways cancel during installation. I wrote NI but didn't receive an answer since one week.

So now my question:
- is there a slut which could give me a link for this installer (I think the .mpkg-file is about 3 Gb).
- or, any suggestions how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Tony
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Contact NI's support to get replacement media. However when you perform the installation and it fails, what error do you get? Check the console if you don't get an error directly from the installer dialogue.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Nut

I have contacted the NI support. Since one week I'm waiting for there reply. But I will check the console.
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

I'm currently having the same problem, I called support and they're sending out a new free disc set. The guy I talked to said that "Macs just don't like to read certain discs" lol. What is the error message you are getting? Also, have you taken off all traces of the failed install off your Mac (preference settings hiding in the HD, etc) before trying another install?
Old 17th September 2011
LdC
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Tesla View Post
hi slutz

my NI Komplete 8 Installation Disc seems to be faulty. On my macbook, I had problems to read the DVD. Also to read the "Komplete 8 Installer Mac.mpkg" from an IMac DVD-drive and copy it to use this file on my Macbook didn't work. It allways cancel during installation.
I found the same thing: copying the .mpkg file to my Macbook Air didn't work, halts during installation.

Have you tried using an external DVD drive? Or using network drive sharing so that your Macbook can use your iMac's drive? (The latter would be slow but should work)
Old 25th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I have the same issue. Randomly have message "Installation failed" after 3rd installation disk. Tried 5 times (including external DVD drive) it takes so long time with 11 disks to install an then you get this f message!!!
NI what's up? Help!
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

I had a faulty disk, NI replaced it. Turns out the drive is dying. Patience, it could be your fault.
Old 26th September 2011
Here for the gear

They replaced mine and the installation still fails, after checking out the discs individually I notice that there are installer files on the battery discs, but none to mount from the Kontakt discs!

What the hell? My iMac is brand new and I never use the drive.
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Miracle happens, I bought external Samsung DVD-Rom for 60$ and it worked out.
So, Mac Pro DVD sucks.
Have to ask now NI for 60$ coupon)
Old 29th September 2011
Here for the gear

Hi im wanting to purchase komplete 8 however i want to know how many computers i can install it on. I have 3 i need the plugins on. Is this possible?
Old 29th September 2011
Gear Maniac
This is from the Komplete 6 License agreement, but it'll probably be the same. May be worth checking on their site for a Komplete 8 FAQ though.

The Licensee may personally use the licensed software or hardware temporarily on one other computer, on condition that the said software and hardware is normally used regularly on one particular computer. For Kore 2 and Komplete 5 simultaneous installations on three computers are allowed, as long as only one installation is used at any given time. Use above and beyond these limits is not permissible.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search