The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
dmn displayport .. can't get 6850 to detect my new hp lcd..
Old 17th September 2011
dmn displayport .. can't get 6850 to detect my new hp lcd..

hi chaps,

in short, i just got a new HP ZR24W monitor, to pair with my trusty Samsung 244T for some extra DAW workspace ..

so i've installed drivers and support software from the cdr, rtfm etc

and there's the problem: if HP is connected to DVI port, it works right away, recognized by windows, by latest ATI Catalyst.. the works..

however, when i connect it via DisplayPort connection to the DP port on my Asus6850... nothing happens. no detection. monitor says no signal on DP input,, win7 dont say nothing.. i dunno how to install it? as drivers are already installed.. and add new device doesnt find anything either.

any advice? im new to displayport tech, so perhaps im dumb and its starring right in my face but i cant see it,,

PS yes its a DP monitor and a DP capable graphic card, so its not an issue with adapters and all that crap.

thanks for the bandwidth

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search