The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is there a way to use Ableton with Logic in 64 bit/32 bit bridge. Control Surfaces
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear
Is there a way to use Ableton with Logic in 64 bit/32 bit bridge.

So I have a older Mac Pro and enough plugins have gone 64 bit for me to justify booting in 64 bit and using the 32 bit bridge. Everything seems to be in order with the acception of Waves plugins. I was making a song and it got taxing. Decided to try 64 bit for the first time since it came out and to my amazement it helped so much and with all the 64 bit plugins now, wasn't such a hassle.

Only problem is I make my drum beats in Ableton and Rewire seperate channels out. Now I searched around and couldn't find anything really on this. I have both new updates for each program. I saw something called J-Bridge, but I'm on a Mac. Is there anyway to do this or should I consider ditching Ableton in my future productions if I want to take advantage of this?
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Why don't you just write in Ableton, and export your audio to Logic for the rest?
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear
I could very well do this... I just didn't have it started out that way. I could just record out my drum parts I do have, write and then change them out later. I just wish I would of thought it out before hand. I'm just more familar when it comes to mixing with Logic and Ableton I like the drum racks, control and quickness of it. I do everything else in Logic though. I really like this work flow a lot, but the rewire in 64 bit is a downer.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear
I guess another thing I can do is import the midi from ableton and set up Kontakt for my drums with the same samples used. It would really stream lined then.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

I just use Ableton alongside on my laptop these days. If you set clips to trigger unquantized it basically turns into an external sampler, and I simply record everything into Logic digitallly, compose mostly in Logic (or write loops in Ableton that trigger from Logic) etc...think of Logic as an APC40 and Logic's timeline as the master tempo map rather than Ableton's and it works out fine. In fact I like how much LESS linear it is than using Rewire as I can do some interesting loop tricks with ableton clips and follow actions that I wouldn't have thought of when using rewire.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search