The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need a new set of monitors Studio Monitors
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

Need a new set of monitors

I need a set of monitors, specifically for hip hop on a budget. I hear good and bad things about the Bx8a's, but I see everyone is dropping them off their inventory because of their replacement's bx8 d2.

Anyone know of a pair of monitors similar to the bx8a? I would like a full spectrum set, going as low as 40 hz (if possible) nothing too flat, and sounds good to just listen to anything out of them.

thanks slutz.

p.s. anyone hear about these bx8 d2's?

Here;s a link

M-AUDIO - M-Audio BX8 D2 - New - Next-Generation 130-Watt Bi-Amplified Studio Monitors
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I have no idea, for that price they cannot give a perfect image but it's probably not too bad either.

I was thinking about getting the new Neumann KH120a or similar-range Dynaudio next week (1500 is my budget), but I will try some less expensive one to see how noticeable is the difference.

Have you considered buying used? Sometimes there are some great deals around.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search