The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sidechaining using waves H-Comp Dynamics Plugins
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Sidechaining using waves H-Comp

Has anyone had any luck sidechaining using H-Comp? For example sake, lets say I'm sidechaining bass and kick. Expecting the bass line to duck the kick. This works perfectly for me using the Renaissance comp which I own... but attempting the same thing using the H-Comp which I'm demoing... I get really weird results.

For example, turning the threshold all the way down in Ren comp makes the bass guitar duck deeper (get way more quieter). Turning the threshold all the way down (all the way to the right) in H-comp makes the bass guitar extremely loud and distorted. I'm using Cubase...

Anyone tried sidechaining with H-comp? Not sure what's going on.
Old 18th October 2011
Lives for gear

Figured I'd try this one more time... anyone get sidechaining working with H-comp?
Old 10th November 2011
I've recently been playing around with this awesome pluggin mostly on the drum bus. But I did try it on rhythm gtrs sidechained from the snare and it worked fine...no strange distortion. Im using protools although.

Strange that a couple reviews i've read on the H Comp listed one of its downfalls as NOT having a sidechain function. But mine clearly has it. Must be talking about and older version.
Old 11th November 2011
Gear Maniac

I loooooooooooooove H-Comp.
Juste because it s got the biiiig wet/dry knob.
I m using it to parallel compress everything!

I m gonna try it on side chaining and let you know.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search