The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any news when Waves will finish the x64 migration? DAW Software
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear
Any news when Waves will finish the x64 migration?

Once I read it will be end of 2011..
Old 25th November 2011
Lives for gear
That's soon...
Old 25th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
we hope to make 64-bit compatibility available prior to 2011. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

-Waves
Let´s see... it´s now 2011 November, almost December.
Old 25th November 2011
Lives for gear
I too am hoping for 2011. Waves are a staple part of my workflow and the sooner I can drop the 32bit bridge, the smoother things will be. Might be time to get a new ilok2. Mmmmm
Old 26th November 2011
Lives for gear

I'm fairly certain Waves is the culprit or many of my crashes in Logic (using the bridge) so I too wait patiently for 64 bit support.
Old 26th November 2011
Deleted User
I was told soon last month by WAVES
Old 26th November 2011
I daresay we won't see 64bit waves until Pro Tools is 64bit. As much as Pro Tools does not have the gigantic market share it once had, it still has a fair chunk of it.
Old 26th November 2011
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleStudios View Post
I daresay we won't see 64bit waves until Pro Tools is 64bit. As much as Pro Tools does not have the gigantic market share it once had, it still has a fair chunk of it.
I would say this is most likely correct as well.
Old 26th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey boy View Post
I'm fairly certain Waves is the culprit or many of my crashes in Logic (using the bridge) so I too wait patiently for 64 bit support.
Consider yourself lucky.

My Waves plugins don´t work at all in my 64-bit sequencer (Cubase 6), which is ridiculous. Really shows what this company is all about and that´s definitely not a customer/user friendly company. They are all about profits (high prices) with below average skills. Bad combination!

I haven´t been able to use my Waves plugins almost a year now. Not really missing them either, ´cause there is better alternative for EVERY Waves plugin out there, except maybe only the API plugins, but I´m sure some company will do these soon also better.

So Waves is definitely not the "leading developer of audio plugins"! Although they would like to think so, ´cause they are so full of themselves, but in reality they are so behind of times and everybody else that it´s not even funny!

To put it in other words: Waves sucks!
Old 26th November 2011
Here for the gear

Effect doesn't need mem. No need to bother to maintain 64 bit version developing with 32 bit developing. We get more buggy program, or they will just charge users more cost.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search