The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD Vs Waves Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

This is totally subjective but I actually have both UAD and WAVES plugins. If I were to pick only one, it would be UAD for the high quality emulations. Also, if I need the absolute max CPU power, I would also pick UAD. I do know this, given the exact same plug I would use the NATIVE version over UAD simply for price reasons.
Old 15th January 2017
I own Waves Mercury and Abbey Road, also about 75% of available UAD plugins on Apollo. I use UA way more than Waves, especially because being able to track through amp, cab and preamp emulations with no latency is a game changer.

IMO they both have some of the best support of any plugin manufacturers. However, for Waves I have to pay $300 per year to maintain that, for UA I don't.
Old 16th January 2017
If I had to pick one sole plugin provider and I could not pick UAD, it would have to be IK Multimedia. I think their T-Racks plugins are seriously underrated, and the MAX bundle is a steal, especially if you can get the cross-grade. It's a shame that their earlier GUIs made them look like cheap toys, because they sound terrific. They have managed to shape up quite a lot in that department however so I hope they go back and polish up the older interfaces. Either way, I'm very impressed with the results I get from them and I would not have.a problem doing a whole mix with them if I don't have my UAD rig around.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionFlower View Post
If I had to pick one sole plugin provider and I could not pick UAD, it would have to be IK Multimedia. I think their T-Racks plugins are seriously underrated, and the MAX bundle is a steal, especially if you can get the cross-grade. It's a shame that their earlier GUIs made them look like cheap toys, because they sound terrific. They have managed to shape up quite a lot in that department however so I hope they go back and polish up the older interfaces. Either way, I'm very impressed with the results I get from them and I would not have.a problem doing a whole mix with them if I don't have my UAD rig around.
True
Old 17th January 2017
Lives for gear

Interesting comment.

"I would not have.a problem doing a whole mix with them if I don't have my UAD rig around." Which can be taken as, I would rather use UAD but if I didn't have those plugs, I would use IK?

Just a bit confusing.
Old 17th January 2017
Quote:
I've got a few IK plugs, I'll have to dig them out again and make some comparisons. If I'm not using UA right now, I tend reach for my Slate plugs.
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweisbin View Post
...However, for Waves I have to pay $300 per year to maintain that, for UA I don't.
Actually you don't. This is a common misconception amongst many.

The WUP upgrade fees are purely optional and you can still update your software without it.

If you want to benefit from new plugins being added to your bundle, you could always hold off until you think it's worth paying for. Meaning, wait till the have added over $300 worth of plugins then pay your WUP perhaps??
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah they are great emulations too and seriously underrated.

Maybe it's the T-Racks logo?? I don't mind it myself. Perhaps they should turn it to more of a shiny "badge" denoting quality. The same type of thing as used by car manufacturers and makers of vintage prouducts all those many years ago.
Old 18th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
Interesting comment.

"I would not have.a problem doing a whole mix with them if I don't have my UAD rig around." Which can be taken as, I would rather use UAD but if I didn't have those plugs, I would use IK?

Just a bit confusing.
Sorry to confuse you! Yeah, I prefer the UAD plugins (with a couple of exceptions). It's far more easier to get the result I'm looking for with those. It really shows that they have taken their time to perfect their plugins.
You don't get that level of polish with the IK plugins in my opinion. But they do sound really good and I can get a great result with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.billington View Post
Maybe it's the T-Racks logo?? I don't mind it myself. Perhaps they should turn it to more of a shiny "badge" denoting quality.
They have already toned down the logo and the newer interfaces are a lot better made in my opinion.
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear
I use both, preference depends on the situation.

Like, the RS56 can have a sound that is slightly more forward, more focused - I dunno seems like something else happening to make things punch a bit.

The UA Pultec is not necessarily smooth, but I usually use it to gently round things off a bit or add a cleaner touch of hi end.

In general I like Waves when I want something hard to cut thru, and I usually use UA for typical dynamics and tone control. When it comes to effects like delays, reverb, tape emulation, it comes down to which does the job at the time. I never really sit around and think "do I want to use Waves or UAD today?" If I want to use a tape emulation, especially, they are all night and day and I choose what's appropriate at the time.
Old 18th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
The UA Pultec is not necessarily smooth, but I usually use it to gently round things off a bit or add a cleaner touch of hi end.
Are you referring to the MkII version? That thing is smooth as butter.
The old version can be a bit more aggressive.
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Are you referring to the MkII version? That thing is smooth as butter.
The old version can be a bit more aggressive.
The mid range especially at high Q is not the most smooth I've heard - you can get it to bite, almost too much on piano for ex.
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
I use both, preference depends on the situation.

Like, the RS56 can have a sound that is slightly more forward, more focused - I dunno seems like something else happening to make things punch a bit.

In general I like Waves when I want something hard to cut thru, and I usually use UA for typical dynamics and tone control. When it comes to effects like delays, reverb, tape emulation, it comes down to which does the job at the time. I never really sit around and think "do I want to use Waves or UAD today?" If I want to use a tape emulation, especially, they are all night and day and I choose what's appropriate at the time.
Actually I have noticed that about many of Waves plugins, the have a nice present focussed about them.

I've invested enough in their gear, I'd I went DSP it would be with a DigiGrid. Flux and Plugin Alliance have started to author for the platforms too. I don't have Flux but I do have my fair share of PA plugins. Financially DigiGrid just makes better sense. Plus th sound is pretty damn awesome.

Heard and played with UAD and I'm still not convinced. I'm starting to have the impression there is just a bit of confirmation bias coming from people or a bit of scotoma.

But what's to say I'm not dong the same!!
Old 20th January 2017
Quote:
I'm starting to have the impression there is just a bit of confirmation bias coming from people or a bit of scotoma.

But what's to say I'm not dong the same!!
The amount of current non-UAD users that come along and say that, when you've got a truck load of top professional, hit making mix and producer and even mastering engineers, who swear by UAD, when it comes to plugins. They use others as well, but they trust the UAD when want 'that sound or vibe'.

Me I'll buy what ever sounds good, and time after time UAD plugins just do that, a little bit more than most similar plugins from other developers.

When I'm mixing I'll drop another company's plugin on the track, tweak a bit and sometimes yep! totally satisfied, sometimes I get the feeling something is missing, but either way I may just try a UAD equivalent or similar ball park and 8 times out of 10 I prefer the UAD sound, and just hear something slightly more natural, smoother, open, fatter or analogue sounding. So it gets swapped out to a UAD plug! This has then given the confidence to spend more money getting more of their DSP, and as I use more UAD plugs my mixes just seem to sound better and better.

There are certain times I prefer a Waves, or Slate, or other company's plugin and if I do I'll stick with it.

So defo no placebo effect or scotoma!
Old 21st January 2017
I use the Waves RS56 EQ, and the imitation LA-2a for compression(CLA-2a). I like them both. Frankly I'm pretty amazed at the transparency and smoothness of the CLA-2a. For reverb I just use Altiverb. I can't compare to the UA stuff, i'm sure it's excellent maybe better in some ways, but I didn't want to go that route because at this point I'm not using that many plug-ins and didn't want to make a huge investment in their platform. I've avoided using plug-ins for years because I just didn't like the sound of them, they all sounded like crap to me--not anymore.
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear
I actually am really enjoying the EP 88. Thats one thing that UA is not doing, I'm not sure if i want them to because instruments don't make sense to me with external DSP.

But I was thinking I needed to use a 'real' reverb instead of the on board reverb in the 88. Man, nothing worked, even Vahalla. I really wanted to to use Abbey Road Plates, but in the middle of a project there is no way that works.

WHY THE H is this SO much CPU? You can complain about UA but when you have a native hog like this...?

In the end, I think the verb that they use on the EP88 works with the instrument, but I think they needed to add a delay and screw the autopan.
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear
PS I think reverbs need seperate presets for sends vs inserts because it is way too distracting to have to twist the mix knob on every preset if using it for an insert. Also a lot of presets just go too far. Just make some useable presets that are easier to surf thru. I should be able to go thru some settings that just sound good. Not presets where I have to imagine how it would sound it I turned it 15db down and if it was 20% mixed in.
Old 23rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz2002 View Post
The amount of current non-UAD users that come along and say that, when you've got a truck load of top professional, hit making mix and producer and even mastering engineers, who swear by UAD, when it comes to plugins. They use others as well, but they trust the UAD when want 'that sound or vibe'.

Me I'll buy what ever sounds good, and time after time UAD plugins just do that, a little bit more than most similar plugins from other developers.

When I'm mixing I'll drop another company's plugin on the track, tweak a bit and sometimes yep! totally satisfied, sometimes I get the feeling something is missing, but either way I may just try a UAD equivalent or similar ball park and 8 times out of 10 I prefer the UAD sound, and just hear something slightly more natural, smoother, open, fatter or analogue sounding. So it gets swapped out to a UAD plug! This has then given the confidence to spend more money getting more of their DSP, and as I use more UAD plugs my mixes just seem to sound better and better.

There are certain times I prefer a Waves, or Slate, or other company's plugin and if I do I'll stick with it.

So defo no placebo effect or scotoma!
There maybe quite a few who do dig it. But there is a large amount of people who prefer Gibson over Fender, Roland over Korg, Ford over Holden or viva versa. Each one making a valid case, but each one coming from a stand point of confirmation bias. It's possible for whole crowds to be biased.

I have heard UAD users say they preferred Waves over UAD, as an example. Thing is there is no definitive truth of which is better, because truth changes with perspective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

To a large degree what we think is irrelevant, blind A/B tests of mixes with the general public is really the only way you can take our bias out of the equation.

I'll go out on a limb and make a speculative prediction... I believe if such a test was done, it would turn out to be around 50/50, following the law of averages.

Whether you like it or not, our bias will always be a part of our decision making, even on a subconscious level. But don't just take my word for it, there's heaps of studies done in this area.

So I still maintain that I feel one is no better than the other from what I hear, it's simply subject to personal preference and our own bias.

But then, in saying that, am I being biased too. Thing is, we will never know. There is no absolute truth, just a truth from a given perspective.
Old 23rd January 2017
Quote:
There maybe quite a few who do dig it. But there is a large amount of people who prefer Gibson over Fender, Roland over Korg, Ford over Holden or viva versa. Each one making a valid case, but each one coming from a stand point of confirmation bias. It's possible for whole crowds to be biased.

I have heard UAD users say they preferred Waves over UAD, as an example. Thing is there is no definitive truth of which is better, because truth changes with perspective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

To a large degree what we think is irrelevant, blind A/B tests of mixes with the general public is really the only way you can take our bias out of the equation.

I'll go out on a limb and make a speculative prediction... I believe if such a test was done, it would turn out to be around 50/50, following the law of averages.

Whether you like it or not, our bias will always be a part of our decision making, even on a subconscious level. But don't just take my word for it, there's heaps of studies done in this area.

So I still maintain that I feel one is no better than the other from what I hear, it's simply subject to personal preference and our own bias.

But then, in saying that, am I being biased too. Thing is, we will never know. There is no absolute truth, just a truth from a given perspective.
Yeah in the end it's all about personal preference. It doesn't matter if 90% of the population thinks it's the best sounding plugin if you're not digging it. One of the most important parts of being a producer/mixer/engineer is to develop your own taste, but at the same time not being married to it.

There are plugins I don't like that people use in amazing sounding mixes. There are guitar amps I hate for my own playing yet I love them when some other guy plays through them.

But I'd say that there is still objectivity when it comes to the quality of something. The amount of care and attention to detail that has been put into a product. And I think the folks at UA does that at the highest level. It's tools that I can depend on and can keep using for many years to come. They might not always float my boat, but in terms of quality I always find them excellent.
And that's something you don't always make out from an A/B test but from actually using the product for a while.
Old 24th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah in the end it's all about personal preference. It doesn't matter if 90% of the population thinks it's the best sounding plugin if you're not digging it. One of the most important parts of being a producer/mixer/engineer is to develop your own taste, but at the same time not being married to it.

There are plugins I don't like that people use in amazing sounding mixes. There are guitar amps I hate for my own playing yet I love them when some other guy plays through them.

But I'd say that there is still objectivity when it comes to the quality of something. The amount of care and attention to detail that has been put into a product. And I think the folks at UA does that at the highest level. It's tools that I can depend on and can keep using for many years to come. They might not always float my boat, but in terms of quality I always find them excellent.
And that's something you don't always make out from an A/B test but from actually using the product for a while.
Well said. This is pretty much what I'm trying to say.

I just find when you get to a certain calibre of plugins, or anything for that matter, then it's all good. It's all very usable, very functional, sounds great... they're just slightly different sounding.

What people prefer is really just a personal thing.
Old 2nd February 2017
Lives for gear

Recently upgraded the UAD LA2A mk2 and 1176 mk2 and these are certainly an improvement over the original UAD1 version but they also provide more depth and detail than the waves versions.
I also demoed the UAD API vision channelstrip, I know there isn't a waves equivalent, anyways its really nice too. It will be next on the buy list
Old 28th February 2017
Here for the gear

I recently went through the UAD vs Waves selection - and ended up ordering the $700 base soundgrid server. Most of us have very different kit, but a similar goal - to support sufficient concurrent tracks and plugins to get the job done! With apologies for being long-winded - I think it's worth some background:

In addition to recording, mixing, and mastering - I professionally develop and test midi hardware, firmware, and software. With these requirements, I (own) and use multiple DAWs including Ableton Live 9, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12.7, Cubase Pro 9, and Studio One 3. In addition to the sets of plugins installed with the DAWs, I own Waves Gold, Izotope neutron pro & music production bundle 2, and many others.

I have built my collection of hardware kit slowly, as needed over time. For example, my main master keyboard, purchased in 1990, is a ~100lb (46 kilograms) Peavey DPMC8. Recent purchases include Ableton Push 2, and DSI Prophet 12 module... This is relevant in that I spend money only as required to get exactly what I need.

Back to UAD or Soundgrid: I use a late 2013 MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 and 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Most of the time, I am able to run just enough tracks.. but recently have run into what I think is becoming increasingly common - many of the DAWs/Plugins are single threaded! That means that one plugin can crackle and choke on one core, even if the other cores are basically unused. This sucks. I need a solution that allows me to offload sufficient plugins to a DSP, with the least initial outlay. If I can solve my problem for now by running Waves plugins on the DSP server - I will hopefully be able to get another few years out of my MacBook.. and then decide whether to bail on Apple, etc. Hopefully that next computer will not require an outboard DSP.

I have a Steinberg MR816x, and so will be using the soundgrid connect option - connecting the soundgrid server to my system via ethernet. In theory, I can access the DSP from additional DAWs, and potentially can use Link (or other method) to aggregate several computers..

But...! If I choose the UAD road - I am very likely locked into purchasing more powerful DSPs as hardware improves... and AFAIK can only connect to one system via thunderbolt.

Notes:
- I specifically avoid the 'which plugins sound better' discussion. That's for people who have much better ears than I do!
- I will update this thread with my waves soundgrid/impact server experience
Old 1st March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsalzman View Post
I recently went through the UAD vs Waves selection - and ended up ordering the $700 base soundgrid server. Most of us have very different kit, but a similar goal - to support sufficient concurrent tracks and plugins to get the job done! With apologies for being long-winded - I think it's worth some background:

In addition to recording, mixing, and mastering - I professionally develop and test midi hardware, firmware, and software. With these requirements, I (own) and use multiple DAWs including Ableton Live 9, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12.7, Cubase Pro 9, and Studio One 3. In addition to the sets of plugins installed with the DAWs, I own Waves Gold, Izotope neutron pro & music production bundle 2, and many others.

I have built my collection of hardware kit slowly, as needed over time. For example, my main master keyboard, purchased in 1990, is a ~100lb (46 kilograms) Peavey DPMC8. Recent purchases include Ableton Push 2, and DSI Prophet 12 module... This is relevant in that I spend money only as required to get exactly what I need.

Back to UAD or Soundgrid: I use a late 2013 MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 and 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Most of the time, I am able to run just enough tracks.. but recently have run into what I think is becoming increasingly common - many of the DAWs/Plugins are single threaded! That means that one plugin can crackle and choke on one core, even if the other cores are basically unused. This sucks. I need a solution that allows me to offload sufficient plugins to a DSP, with the least initial outlay. If I can solve my problem for now by running Waves plugins on the DSP server - I will hopefully be able to get another few years out of my MacBook.. and then decide whether to bail on Apple, etc. Hopefully that next computer will not require an outboard DSP.

I have a Steinberg MR816x, and so will be using the soundgrid connect option - connecting the soundgrid server to my system via ethernet. In theory, I can access the DSP from additional DAWs, and potentially can use Link (or other method) to aggregate several computers..

But...! If I choose the UAD road - I am very likely locked into purchasing more powerful DSPs as hardware improves... and AFAIK can only connect to one system via thunderbolt.

Notes:
- I specifically avoid the 'which plugins sound better' discussion. That's for people who have much better ears than I do!
- I will update this thread with my waves soundgrid/impact server experience
In some ways your story sounds very similar to mine.

Just to drop all the plugins i have already spent money on and buy a whole heap of new ones, PLUS outlaying for the hardware, to go with UAD is just madness!!.

I'd have quite bit of money sitting around in other plugins just going redundant. I couldn't even resell because i would want backwards compatibility with all my projects. It really would be an unwise move for people like myself to consider that type of investment. As good as it is.

It's the same reason why I don't go Console One either. No doubt its good tech, but its ALL good tech.

UAD or Waves, or SoftTube or anyone else don't actually hold the monopoly on good tech. Believe it or not, it is actually possible to have more than one company make good stuff. It's the same with any form of technology really.

People may argue what THEY think is best, but at a certain point it ALL is good and people needlessly split hairs over the minor differences.

What someone hears as warmer, another person may perceive as dull. What someone thinks sound as wide and lush another may think it lacks. It always comes down to matter of taste, personal perspective and context.

What may be a good solution for one person doesn't necessarily mean its the best solution for the next.

So yeah, despite how good many other developers are, I'm sticking with Waves and my other current investments because they are ALSO just as good and deliver the results I need, brilliantly.

As I have already said before, IF I went DSP, they way forward for me, at this point, is definitely a DigiGrid server.
Old 1st March 2017
Quote:
Just to drop all the plugins i have already spent money on and buy a whole heap of new ones, PLUS outlaying for the hardware, to go with UAD is just madness!!.
Yes I agree, if you already have a bunch of plugins that you are happy with there's little reason to invest in anything else.

The only reason to invest in UAD at that point would be if you like the Apollo workflow. That alone was worth it for me. But I didn't have a ton of money invested in other plugins at the time either.

Quote:
It's the same reason why I don't go Console One either. No doubt its good tech, but its ALL good tech.
Again, the workflow would be the primary reason to invest in C1. As good as it sounds, it really isn't the selling point. The point is to have fast and easy hands on access to the basic mixing tools. It has allowed a lot of people to pull together a good sounding mix a lot quicker, which means that it will pay for itself in no time.

Quote:
UAD or Waves, or SoftTube or anyone else don't actually hold the monopoly on good tech. Believe it or not, it is actually possible to have more than one company make good stuff. It's the same with any form of technology really.
For sure. There are a lot of talented developers out there. But some of them have larger catalogues with more consistent quality so they tend to get more cred. UAD would probably be the one with the broadest range of plugin that has consistently exceptional quality. But that doesn't mean that you can't get good stuff elsewhere.
Old 2nd March 2017
Quote:
In some ways your story sounds very similar to mine.

I'd have quite bit of money sitting around in other plugins just going redundant. I couldn't even resell because i would want backwards compatibility with all my projects. It really would be an unwise move for people like myself to consider that type of investment. As good as it is.

People may argue what THEY think is best, but at a certain point it ALL is good and people needlessly split hairs over the minor differences.

What someone hears as warmer, another person may perceive as dull. What someone thinks sound as wide and lush another may think it lacks. It always comes down to matter of taste, personal perspective and context.

What may be a good solution for one person doesn't necessarily mean its the best solution for the next.

So yeah, despite how good many other developers are, I'm sticking with Waves and my other current investments because they are ALSO just as good and deliver the results I need, brilliantly.

As I have already said before, IF I went DSP, they way forward for me, at this point, is definitely a DigiGrid server.
I just got an Appollo Twin and was on a native system for years. I have a bunch of waves plugs etc .

My take is this, it's not an " all or nothing" - UA plugs supplement a native system brilliantly. Some of UA's plugs are indispensable to me now - 1176, EMT 140 Reverb etc, and being able to track reliably without any latency is worth the price of admission in of itself.

Most of the UA plugs sound amazing - but there are still some Waves plugs I swear by - H Reverb and H Delay for example. Waves has been insanely reliable in my case - so I am a fan.

The cost of jumping into UAD is definitely not cheap and if you are already invested in Waves then Soundgrid sounds like a good option.
Old 2nd March 2017
qwe
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie1 View Post
I like them both. Frankly I'm pretty amazed at the transparency and smoothness of the CLA-2a.
Transparency?! Surely not.

(See attached spectrum analyser shot. 1kHz sine wave in at -18dBr, 'Full Reset' preset loaded in CLA-2A. 44.1kHz.)
Attached Thumbnails
UAD Vs Waves-waves-cla-2a-full-reset-1khz-sine-18dbr.png  
Old 2nd March 2017
qwe
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
but there are still some Waves plugs I swear by - H Reverb and H Delay for example.
They couldn't be more different in concept other than having the 'Hybrid' branding attached to them.

H-Reverb is, AFAIK, the latest iteration of Waves' reverb technology. (Which happens to have 'Drive', 'Analog' and 'Digital' (Truncation) settings tacked on, possibly for marketing reasons.) It has a very good set of controls for tweaking purposes.

H-Delay seems to be a very basic delay, as far as I can tell in the worst sense (i.e. basic controls not affecting anything interesting in terms of underlying behaviour)... which just happens to have a ridiculous (and IMHO extremely ugly) 'Bakelite' GUI, with 'Lo-Fi' and 'Analog' controls. (The interpolation used for the modulation might be better than e.g. SuperTap though?)

So I think H-Reverb is excellent, but I'm stumped as to why H-Delay keeps cropping up as a recommendation? EchoBoy is far better IMO...
Old 2nd March 2017
qwe
Lives for gear

Quote:
UAD or Waves, or SoftTube or anyone else don't actually hold the monopoly on good tech.
Legally they do. ;-)

https://www.google.com/patents/EP1492081B1
Old 2nd March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe View Post
Transparency?! Surely not.

(See attached spectrum analyser shot. 1kHz sine wave in at -18dBr, 'Full Reset' preset loaded in CLA-2A. 44.1kHz.)
Wow

Those are harmonics to the right of the 1khz sine wave impulse?

So the graph indicates that the CLA-2A is adding harmonic distortion that high in level compared to the input 1khz sine tone.

I'm curious, are you positive the source tone is a true 1 kHz sine wave?
Old 2nd March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe View Post
They couldn't be more different in concept other than having the 'Hybrid' branding attached to them.

H-Reverb is, AFAIK, the latest iteration of Waves' reverb technology. (Which happens to have 'Drive', 'Analog' and 'Digital' (Truncation) settings tacked on, possibly for marketing reasons.) It has a very good set of controls for tweaking purposes.

H-Delay seems to be a very basic delay, as far as I can tell in the worst sense (i.e. basic controls not affecting anything interesting in terms of underlying behaviour)... which just happens to have a ridiculous (and IMHO extremely ugly) 'Bakelite' GUI, with 'Lo-Fi' and 'Analog' controls. (The interpolation used for the modulation might be better than e.g. SuperTap though?)

So I think H-Reverb is excellent, but I'm stumped as to why H-Delay keeps cropping up as a recommendation? EchoBoy is far better IMO...
H Delay sounds great, and has simple necessary controls. With the EQ, and lofi button you can basically cover most uses quickly. It's quick and simple. I wouldn't put it on par with Echoboy given the feature set, but it gets the job done and is dirt cheap on sale or if you get the gold bundle on sale.

Some of the waves plugs sound dated or simply dull, i was just pointing out those as solid examples that are useable.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search