The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
When is Waves going 64 bit? Plugin Bundles
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

When is Waves going 64 bit?

I have been taking advantage of their specials all summer long, and will probably continue. On the other hand, though, it's starting to concern me how much the upgrade to the next version will cost.

I know it's capped at $200 per bundle, but I'm buying a lot of stray plug ins here, although I did get the Gold bundle.

But I have been doing this since I heard that they are going to be 64 bit in version 8. I can't verify this, though, and I really don't want to sink tons of money into plug ins only to have to upgrade them to 64 bit at great expense later.

Obviously, it is what it is now, I was just curious if anyone could verify that version 8 actually is intended to be 64 bit or not.
Old 13th September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mal View Post
I have been taking advantage of their specials all summer long,....... it's starting to concern me how much the upgrade to the next version will cost.

I know it's capped at $200 per bundle, but I'm buying a lot of stray plug ins here, although I did get the Gold bundle.
Hi Larry, i believe its capped at $200 Per Account not per bundle so we should be ok.

Graham
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

OK, well that's certainly good news. That was unclear to me. I appreciate your telling me!

Edit: Yes, that is certainly correct, also the money spent is also credits towards a new bundle or plug in. So that's not a huge concern. Still, does anyone have anything official regarding when Waves is intending produce 64 bit plug ins? I know the subject has been brought up here before, without doubt. But someone told me that version 8 was the target version, and I believed it, since I believe everything I read on the internet, of course. Does anyone know if that is correct?
Old 13th September 2011
dio
Gear Addict

64 bit support will be late 2011 - early 2012, so if you started buying them during this summer you won't pay anything.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Even better. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 13th September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mal View Post
OK, well that's certainly good news. That was unclear to me. I appreciate your telling me!
No prob.

Graham
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

i think when pro tools move to x64 a lot of plugins goes too !
Old 13th September 2011
MediaMix
My guess would be Waves goes 64bit about 3-7 days after Pro Tools goes 64bit.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search