The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves Musicians 2 Bundle Dynamics Plugins
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

Waves Musicians 2 Bundle

I just ordered an ilok so I could finally demo so many of the plugs that I've never previously been able to try. I also figured I'd order the Musicians 2 bundle. I know they're older plugins but it sounds like they're all still relevant and for $99 it seems like a good deal. Any input or recommendation for or against?
Old 13th September 2011
dio
Gear Addict

It's a good bundle. Just remember to buy it from a distributor (not directly from waves) to get it even cheaper!
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

Thanks for the tip. I did not know that.
Old 14th September 2011
pia
Gear Head

Bought it last week. First I bought L1 with 99$ (and get 100$ voucher). Then I bought Musician 2 with 49$ (you can use 50% of voucher's for bundles).

Doubler is must, renComp still a good choice, others usable

peace
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

MB 2 is the first set of Waves plugs I ever got. It was several years ago.

I still almost never have a mix that doesn't have a SuperTap delay on it somewhere, and oftentimes in more than one place. I love that delay. Honestly, I don't use that many of the other plugs in that bundle anymore, but the RVox is pretty solid, if unexciting. The Ren Axx is great for a superfast ("I only have 5 seconds to do this") guitar comp, and the Ren Compressor is still a good plug. The Doubler is sometimes quite nice for me. Almost Eventide-ish. I don't ever use the RenEQ.

Anyway, as I said, I don't think any of the plugs are bad in that bundle, it's just that I now have other options I like more for compression (CLA bundle in particular), and the RenEQ just never did it for me.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search