The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Popping at the sample level Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

Popping at the sample level

And Im not talking about clipping here.

Here is the problem.

Long ago I recorded a wav of an Elektron Machinedrum file.
Due to a MIDI transfer mistake on my part, I wiped the pattern and noises off the drum machine

No going back to source

The only bad thing about the recording is, there are discrepancies in the wav at the sample level (its a 16bit 44kHz file)
Im not sure how to explain it but I just hope someone understands or asks the right questions to get thru my limited knowledge

Im using Cubase 5 right now.
I have tried using Ozone De-Clicker but this is not sensitive enough top pick up one sample in every few hundred thousand. The only solution seems to be to use the pencil to physically draw out the pops. They happen every few seconds and a fair few are covered by the songs sounds, but a fair few are not. The sample that causes the pop is usually about 5-10dB out from the smooth wave and Im not always successful in re-drawing. Again, I stress this is one sample out of the 44100 and so Ozone wont pick it up or, more likely, I dont know how to use the thing properly, I suspect the program is more to pick pops that last over 0.1ms, these last for 44100 thousandth of a second.

I understand I may have to resign myself to hours upon hours of drawing, but I would like to rattle the cage and see if anyone has any ideas.

Please ask away if Im not being clear enuf

Thanks
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search