The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Possible BUG with Lexicon PCM Native...Need Help Confirming
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Possible BUG with Lexicon PCM Native...Need Help Confirming

Hello all...

I have stumbled upon something I think could be a bug in the plugin but I am not sure....would like to ask someone else who has this plugin to confirm.

Here is the situation:

Was auditioning some of the presets in the Vintage Plate plug ......and when switching from certain presets...aspects of the previous preset are carried over into the next preset.

Let me give an example...

Preset "VocEkoPlate" has a tap delay that comes in after the initial reverb in the left channel....

If you switch from "VocEkoPlate" to the "VocEchoBPM" preset, now this preset will have a long tap delay that continues after the reverb dies.

HOWEVER.....

If you switch now to "VocalTapBPM" preset and then BACK to "VocEchoBPM".....well....the long delay is now mysteriously gone.

I have tried this both with the transport running and stopped (thinking there might be a clock signal causing the delay line to shorten) but no dice.

I have not noticed this behavior in the other plugins part of the PCM Native Reverb....only in the Vintage Plate plug.

So ....

Can someone else please confirm this behavior on another setup?

I am using a Macbook Pro 13" Unibody 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, OSX 10.6.7, Pro Tools 9.0.3.

THANKS!!
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Have just confirmed this same behavior on Reaper using the Lexicon PCM Native Reverb as an AU instead of an RTAS plugin.

So.....that is two different hosts and two different plugin formats exhibiting the same bug on MY SYSTEM.

Anyone else?
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Bump....

Anyone?
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Not here as VST on a Windows DAW

Matti
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks Matti I appreciate the reply!

A further question if I may...

Since I am having this behavior on my machine....I am not sure exactly what the proper sound is supposed to be.

Does "VocEchoBPM" preset have a long trap delay at all on your system....or not?

It may help if I post examples of the weirdness....I will try to do this.

Thanks again!
Old 14th September 2011
dio
Gear Addict

There is a possibility it will be fixed with the upnevercoming update
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Here is a file recorded with three short snippets that demonstrate the behavior:

The first sound is the "VocEchoBPM" exhibiting the long tap delay afterwards.

The second sound is played after switching in real time to the "VocalTapBPM" preset.

The third sound is after I switched real time back to "VocEchoBPM".

Notice the long delay in the first snippet with "VocEchoBPM" that is NOT there in the third snippet.
Attached Files

LexPCMSample.mp3 (961.5 KB, 204 views)

Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Aha now I hear it, didn't listen with a single sound like that -so I cannot say

Matti
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Yes, I'm having the same strange behaviour. Also, if I go in and tweak the L & R Eko Fback1, I get it all set as I want, and as soon as I hit store, both feedbacks are killed (the faders remain as they were). Once I move the L &/or R Eko FBack1 fader, the feedback starts working again.

Hmmm... getting worse. Now I find that if I adjust all the FBacks and Dly Tempo as I want, I Save the project, and when I re-open it... the Fback faders are set as I left them (I think... most of the time), but there's no feedback. The R Eko Dly1 Tempo is moved from where I set it... from dotted 8th to 32nd-Note... this is definitely not good. Now I have to wonder what else is not being saved or recalled correctly that might not be as noticeable as the delays. Very bad.

Edit... just turned in a support ticket at the Lexicon site for the issues I've noticed so far. Hope there's not (m)any more!
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks Java....

Please let us know if there is any response from Lexicon....

Troubling behavior considering the hefty price of this plug.
Old 28th September 2011
Gear Addict
Try Nobody Special...
Old 28th September 2011
Lives for gear

Got a reply back from Lexicon the other day. They say the problem will be fixed in an upcoming update that shouldn't be too far away.
Old 28th September 2011
Gear Maniac

That's nice. They said "not too far away" a couple of months ago in another thread... or "not too long"... something like that.
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks for the update. Let's hope Lexicon is true to their word and fix the issue in a reasonable amount of time.

Holding breath.....
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Maniac

"Reasonable" to me is a couple of days or a week or so. Couple of months later, if you have projects on the go? Nope, not reasonable to me. When I was beta testing their PCM96 control software, I was able to e-mail back and forth with the lead programmer and get fixes done within HOURS, which is probably excessively cool, but it's proof that it's something they "could" get done if they put their mind and resources toward it.

It's why I rely on my Bricasti. I can e-mail on a Friday afternoon and get a reply by the evening.

Too bad, because the plug is definitely a treat when it works - which is most of the time for me, but God forbid there's a bug.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search