The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro tools slow startup in win 7 64 Condenser Microphones
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Pro tools slow startup in win 7 64

I switched from xp to win 7 64 bit a while back, my original reason been adobe cs5 collection only working on 64bit and I was doing sound for filmclips.
I sorta notices in took a while for PT to get up and running but got used to it after a bit. I still have xp setup on another hd and last night booted it up to do somthing. I notices PT loaded in 1/3 of the time.
I have an intel quad core & 8GB Ram, dont have a lot of crap running and i disable AV when running PT.
Anyone had or know why I might be gettin this ?
(additionally I have set PT to access all 4 cores when running and only leave a small amount of ram for background processes as there pretty much isn't any)

Also it seems that once I've run PT once after booting pc , if I close and reopen it will take half the time to reload.

Any ideas ?
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Protools always take up some time to load, it depends a lot on the amounts of plug-ins you have, the less plug-ins, the faster it will load. It is also perfectly normal that it takes up less to load after you loaded it for the first time, meaning if you close it and re-open, at lot of the stuff is loaded to the memory or caché so thats why its a lot quicker, this happens in both mac & pc, just live with it...
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I knew it would be related to most of what you said, it just took me by surprise that in xp it was so much quicker, perhaps because PT is running in 32bit mode ??
Imagine the day we look back from our 64bit PT and laugh...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search