The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundtoys Crystallizer Octoverb/Shimmer Settings? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut

Soundtoys Crystallizer Octoverb/Shimmer Settings?

Can anyone help with a setting to get a sound out of Crystallizer that's similar to the Octoverb in the Line 6 M9, the infamous U2 shimmer? I can't quite get it dialed in.
Old 12th September 2011
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Have you tried Shimmer.

http://www.valhalladsp.com/
I know about it, but I already own Crystallizer and surely it's capable. I was just hoping someone could post starting settings to help me out and save me a couple of hours of experimenting.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear
A wet reverb after the crystaliser & then send some of the reverb back to the crystaliser to taste. The feedback regeneration is what nails it. The crystal isn't that important, just make sure the shifts are going upwards. octaves & sevenths are a great place to start. The reverb is key

Set it up on auxs and sends
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensaddiction View Post
A wet reverb after the crystaliser & then send some of the reverb back to the crystaliser to taste. The feedback regeneration is what nails it. The crystal isn't that important, just make sure the shifts are going upwards. octaves & sevenths are a great place to start. The reverb is key

Set it up on auxs and sends
Worked perfectly. I got close with the regen control in Crystallizer but not quite, extra reverb was what I was missing. I also used Panman to move the shimmer around the track. Subtle but very cool. Thanks!
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

care to post your crystallizer settings?
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekohler View Post
care to post your crystallizer settings?
I just used the default setting on Crystallizer, with 100% mix and pitch up 1200 cents. The reverb settings made more difference and how much you fold back. I used D-Verb with a 3 second plate and about 40% regen. It wasn't necessarily the U2 sound but it worked well with the track.

I'll be playing with it more in the next few weeks. I'll post back if I really nail it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search