The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
help me decide
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Addict

help me decide

I'm going to buy a new Mac soon. It will be a Mac pro. But I'm unsure what, in terms of processing capability will be the beat option for me.

Currently I use a mac book pro, it's quite old now, around 4 years, I must say it has been a fantastic machine, dual core 4 gig ram, and only now it's starting to give up, and it's mainly because my projects are becoming quite demanding on the CPU now.

So I'm happy to stretch and get the 8 core, I'm in a way leaning more towards this as it seems to me like the smarter decision, a it's in many ways more future proof etc. But in the back of my mind niggling me is the idea that the quad core will be enough and save me loads of money...

What are your thoughts?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search